Help in id egg orientation!!

stinky

Just had my first 2 eggs ever!! :D

No marker handy, so just placed the eggs in container without any marking. :main_thumbsup:

1 week later, I finally got myself a marker. When opening the container, it slipped, and the eggs got tossed inside. :( I desperately tried to find where is "up". For both eggs, one side is more pink than the other. It is also more damp than the other. I assumed that the pink is from the yoke, and placed the pink side facing DOWN.

That was about 24 hrs ago. :eek:

I feed soooo down. Anyone can tell me if that is the right direction??:main_huh:

The egg was rotated a couple of times ... I hope the eggs will be OK.

Deko Gecko

Eggs are practicaly bulletprof! "for an egg" in their first few weeks they can fall and will not break! so i dont be so woried about them falling... but you should be woried about the direction of your eggs!!! this could kill the embrio!... PERSONALY! I have candle few of my eggs before and it seems that embrio grows on the top side of the egg!. Good Luck....

stinky

So what I should do is to candle the eggs, right? OK, will try to do that when I get home. Hope it is not too late.

stinky

Just candled it.

Hmmmm ... one looks like the a dark blob at the bottom. OK, That should be the yoke. Phew.

For the other, it seems as if it is "empty" ... nothing inside. Hmmmm.

What to do? Maybe just gotta wait it out.

stinky

OK ... BTY, if it is damaged or spolit, how long before I know? It will turn yellowish, right?

I would just leave it in there until its obvious that its not happening. Our first eggs had some rough patches and they turned out just fine. We did lose one though, we didn't give up on it until it was completely flat.

Visit our friends