gecko walks abnormally trembling feet!

UnicornSpirit

Graphic Designer
Video of him walking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiFoQGNsi0

My male Tremper Hypo Snow morph Leopard Gecko. I've only had him for about a month and he's now about 4 1/2 months old. After I took him home from the reptile show (bought him from a reputable breeder) I noticed he had this strange walk: Before each foot hits the ground it trembles slightly. Both front and back legs do this. It hasn't gotten any better but it hasn't gotten any worse since I've had him. He's growing so he must be metabolizing calcium properly, so I've ruled out MBD. I keep him on newsprint and feed him dusted pinhead/small crickets and mealworms. He has access to water, humidity shelter, caves and a calcium dish. Luckily, it doesn't effect his life he runs around, climbs and eats just fine. I never dropped him and there haven't been any accidents with him which might have cause any brain injury. The breeder told me there are no genetic defects known of in his lineage. We are both stumped. I just haven't figured it out yet! Please check it out! Also, for more pics of them see "Calisto" in my showcase here.

Any help is appreciated, I want to get some opinions before I take him to a vet.

Thank You!!!

RampantReptiles

It looks like MBD to me. His front legs are definitely bowed. You said he was walking funny when you got him... do you have photos of him when you got him? He might have already had the MBD before you bought him.

Also I would check and make sure he is getting enough D3. You didnt mention if your calcium has D3 in it or not. Without the D3 he wont be able to metabolize the calcium and it could get worse. And is your calcium new or could it possibly be expired?

Other than that he looks great and is a very nice looking gecko.

UnicornSpirit

Graphic Designer
Rampant,

Yes, I recently bought new calcium this past February. It's Fluker's Calcium with vit D (phosphorus free). It doesn't expire for another year or two I believe. I've had all my geckos on either that or Rep-Cal with vit D3 for the past 10 years with no signs of MBD. This is just a shock to me that a leopard gecko could develop this this fast. The breeder told me when I asked about it and said the gecko always had calcium available to him.

I only have a top view shot from when I first got him unfortunately.
25417_379749249532_508039532_352588.jpg

Here are some recent shots:

26908_387662854532_508039532_370546.jpg

26908_387662859532_508039532_370546.jpg

26908_387662864532_508039532_370546.jpg

Visit our friends