First Gecko Ever!! :)

Coretta

Hi, I got a aft almost a week ago and she is the sweetest thing in the world! Every time I walk into my room she comes out of her little hidey and goes right into my face, says hi (in gecko language) and goes to eat her delicous crickets. :) I don't know if all geckos do this since it is my first time but I love it anyways! She just molted Thursday too, so these pictures are from when she still had the un shedded skin. Oh and you'll see paper towels in the pictures but today or tomorrow I am switching it out for Eco Earth.

Gabriella the gecko:
awqs5f.jpg

Gabby saying Hi!!
vdl5ir.jpg

Then off to eat!
j08eie.jpg

Hope these pictuers work! Thanks for looking :)

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
super cute gecko.

are you feeding her dead crickets?

does she eat them? i personally would feed live crickets. it seems like dead crickets wouldnt be as good for her. also, what about when you dust for calcium or vitamins? i cant imagine a gecko eating a dead cricket covered in dust.

Coretta

Yes right now that's what she was mainly fed where I got her from. But I am going to buy live crickets when I go to the pet store. (its 40 minutes away) She has a dish of calcium in another corner of the tank too, but I will be dusting the livec rickets when I have them :D

thegeckoguy23

congrats on the gecko but i would like to let you know that feeding dead food is like me feeding u a rock has nothing good in it feed live dead food losses all nutrition :)

Coretta

Thanks guys! I have a question though. I live in the country so what if I found some "wild" crickets, gut loaded them adn fed them to her ina couple days or tomorrow? Is that safe?

thegeckoguy23

Thanks guys! I have a question though. I live in the country so what if I found some "wild" crickets, gut loaded them adn fed them to her ina couple days or tomorrow? Is that safe?

NO!!!!! (in a nice manner lol) wild crix can carry pestasides deseases and many other things

snowgyre

Yeah, there are a lot of nasty things that quite literally crawl out of the rear of a dying cricket while it's being eaten by a lizard.

Don't ask me how I know that, it's gross. ;-)

The pesticide issue is a problem too.

<nerdism> Insecticides are fat-soluble animal poisons which can bioaccumulate in your gecko if they've been applied in sublethal levels where you captured your insects. Herbicides, contrary to popular thought, are actually nowhere near as dangerous as insecticides. Herbicides are water soluble compounds that interrupt plant metabolic processes, and are easily filtered out of your system in generally 24-48 hours by your kidneys. Most herbicides are actually less toxic than table salt or even sugar!

</nerdism>

LizMarie

She's such a cutie.. looks just like my AFT girl Aurora Kelly but she's a little shier but doesn't mind being head and talked to like a baby.

Visit our friends