Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Who cares what breeders do

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilomn

No One of Consequence
I think that if you want to talk about specific people then it is not ethics you are really talking about so much as how you disagree with what they are selling/breeding/doing.

IF you keep this to annonymous issues, like the ones marcia outlined, then you can keep it helpful and have much good discussion about a variety of subjects, decide what any of you think is right or wrong and why.

IF though, you want to talk about specific people and what THEY are doing and why that is unethical, then this won't work because it will become a bashfest.

IF I were to come on and say that the Mean Old Gecko Lady was selling kinktailed leos as a new morph, all kinds of people would have all kinds of things to say for and against Marcia.

IF I were to say that I am not so sure that selling kinktails as new morph, and I don't know anything about kinktails they're just the example I'm using, is a good thing and I'd like input on what others think of those who are selling them, that would not generate the personal defense that using a name would.

I hope that is clear, it was sort of hard to get down in words.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I like the idea, and agree that names should be left out of it. I suspect that the reason for an "ethics" forum should be to address the issues themselves, and I think it would be hard to do that without separating the issues from the individuals (I think that's what Wes was saying, but I just woke up).

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
wilomn said:
I hope that is clear, it was sort of hard to get down in words.

I was thinking the same this as Wes, just didn't even want to attempt to put it in writing because it would have come out all wrong.

It is the "Thing" we will be discussing, not the "Person", if you have a problem with the person, that is what the Business section is for.

I am all for it, as long as we keep names out of it

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Yeah, I agree that if its on a etchis only topic no names needed but I guess I was reading Marcias first post a little different on well-known breeders selling mutant geckos, then Id want a name.

But to me the business section is used more for a Deal gone wrong more than a breeders ethics. Ive seen post on other forums in the gereral sections about breeders selling "dwarfs", "kink tails" etc. So I was thinking it would be post more like that.

Like so and so has ads up for "dwarfs" instead of is it OK to sell geckos labeled as "dwarfs".

Well we could like have this forum and like have some sharp rules so that the breeder wouldnt get to batched.But I just realized this we already have a bussiness inquerie thing so......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends