eclipse and prs ?

boutiquegecko

Let's see if I can type this to make sense-yeah, I know it's not all black and white and recessive debate etc etc :)
Someone tell me the difference between these
tremper eclipse
eclipse
eclipse from prs breedings
aren't they all the same since eclipse comes from prs breedings? Or are there two eclipse genes out there? (not talking about the funky mack eye stuff going on) I've seen a few referrals to "tremper eclipse" and I have no idea what that is, and that's what made me start thinking about this. My best guess is since Ron was working with so many patterns, out popped the prs then the eclipse and since he more than likely had them first the eclipse is referred to as "tremper eclipse"?
And no one's proven blizzard solid eyes and actual eclipse the same or diff yet right?

Gazz

boutiquegecko said:
Let's see if I can type this to make sense-yeah, I know it's not all black and white and recessive debate etc etc :)
Someone tell me the difference between these
tremper eclipse
eclipse
eclipse from prs breedings
aren't they all the same since eclipse comes from prs breedings? Or are there two eclipse genes out there? (not talking about the funky mack eye stuff going on) I've seen a few referrals to "tremper eclipse" and I have no idea what that is, and that's what made me start thinking about this. My best guess is since Ron was working with so many patterns, out popped the prs then the eclipse and since he more than likely had them first the eclipse is referred to as "tremper eclipse"?
And no one's proven blizzard solid eyes and actual eclipse the same or diff yet right?

Unlike the super snow the eye look is't fixed to the body pattern you don't get one with out the other.but with eclipse you can that why we have APTOR(with out eclipse) and RAPTOR(with eclipse) think of eclipse separate from the body pattern then unite them for what they are.So

Tremper eclipse-AKA-T_albino eclipse banded/aberrant.
Eclipse-AKA-Eclipse banded/aberrant.
Eclipse on a patternless striped body is a eclipse patternless striped and with plus albino that a T_albino eclipse patternless striped-AKA-RAPTOR.and on a jungle eclipse jungle and on striped eclipse striped'etc'etc.

False eclipse it pretty radom in showing it's face mostly common on blizzards has also pop up on mack's not including super snow ofcourse.There has been some other morphs with it also.basically false eclipse is a radom unproven gene and when gets passed on to offspring it seems doninant unlike eclipse that is/act's recessive.

People have bred false eclipse(blizzard) to eclipse and they haven't clicked so not the same.False eclipse eyed leo have standed looking nose.99.99% of eclipse eyed have a clear,clean white washed nose.So there is also a visual differance also.

boutiquegecko

Tremper eclipse-AKA-T_albino eclipse banded/aberrant.
Eclipse-AKA-Eclipse banded/aberrant.
Eclipse on a patternless striped body is a eclipse patternless striped and with plus albino that a T_albino eclipse patternless striped-AKA-RAPTOR.and on a jungle eclipse jungle and on striped eclipse striped'etc'etc.

But aren't they the same gene? I didn't mean eclipse on a patternless body, but that you can get an eclipse animal from a patternless reverse stripe, so is that not the same gene then?
So we're saying tremper eclipse just to lable albino form like we would for any albino?

miamimike

I have never heard the term "patternless reverse stripe"......I have always thought of prs as patternless stripe (essentially a non-albino aptor)....patternless stripes (not to be confused with the "murphy patternless) are the animal that originally came from breeding a stripe to a reverse stripe.....where the whole eclipse thing originated.....this is my understanding anyway.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
PRS = Patternless Red Stripe... I believe Dan [groovygeckos] coined this term when he got 'patternless' offspring from Red Stripe x Reverse Stripe Tremper... He bred those to an Aptor [?] and subsequently produced 'Raptors' thus proving the connection... Alberto did similar pairings which had likewise results...

Last edited:

paulnj

The term "tremper eclipse" is a way of saying that it's the eclipse associated with RT.. IE "ECLIPSE/ RAPTOR". Not the eyes of a SS or from the blizzard gene.

godzillizard

I wasn't going to touch this one this time, but...Tremper Eclipse is redundant, because if its called an Eclipse, that denotes that it came from Mr. Trempers Eclipse/(R)APTOR project, so ideally, they would simply be called Eclipse--if its an albino, then its called a RAPTOR. An "Eclipse" is Ron's trade name for his non-albino Raptors. According to Ron, these have NO redstripe blood in them. Maybe they meant: Tremper's Eclipse

An "eclipse" from the patternless stripe projects should be called something else, like "super patternless stripe" because it is from another genetic path to the Eclipse/RAPTOR look.-(HQ Redstripe x striped Tremper) Technically/genetically they are a different animal, since they haven't been line/selective bred to the degree that Mr. Trempers Eclipse/RAPTOR bloodline has. They just look alot alike. Remember the days when it was thought that murphy's patternless were the same as blizzards?

These funky eyes occur in lines that have the most exaggerated inversion of pattern--if naturally, leopard geckos are all banded, "inverting" the pattern seems to be whats allowing/causing these eyes to occur. Super snows always have black eyes, and they are all "super" striped. The Eclipse/Raptor eyes first occurred when Ron line bred the first Aptor (I prefer to call them: super stripe albinos) coincidence? I don't think so...

boutiquegecko

Good thoughts. So you're saying that there are two eclipse-
1-one that was created by reverse stripe x stripe out of trempers breedings which lead to the raptor
2-eclipse from red stripe x rev stripe breedings?
How can we know for sure they are different? I've seen redstripes that look just like reg stripes, so isn't it possible that the same stripe gene was used in the making of both?
If the I guess "aptors or hets or whatever" from both "eclipse lines" make raptors, then they are compatible, so wouldn't you guess they are the same maybe?
This is all theory and speculation here. We've talked about the eclipse gene in general before, but I can't be the only one speculating if it's the same gene.

godzillizard

Not 2 "Eclipse"--but multiple methods to the same/similar goal/appearance. The term Eclipse is Ron's trade name for his version/bloodline. Then there's the black eyed blizzards, and there are even a few striped LVs exhibiting these eyes. I believe that the "new" patternless designer Mr Tremper used for the (R)aptor project is/was a "patternless" redstripe, (descendant of the HQ line) but thats just my best guess.

Visit our friends