Dracos

crestedgeckogirly

Hey everyone!

Finally got some pics of one of my Dracos. These guys are really neat, but ohhhh so freakin scary when they dance around and spread out their wings! These pics make them look friendly, but don't be fooled!!! LOL.

draco.jpg

draco2.jpg

draco3.jpg

I'll try to get some crazy pics of them up soon...at least some w/their wings extended.

They are really doing well...eating on live ants and fruit flies.

-Andrea :D

crestedgeckogirly

These guys are specifically Draco lineatus. As far as I can tell they must be a little newer to importing. However, many other species of Draco have been imported for awhile now.

They are very difficult to keep in captivity as their diet is a little unusual, and most specimens are severely dehydrated when they arrive in the states.

I got lucky and new the person who was importing them, so I got mine litterally 5 mins after they got off the plane. Mine are they only ones that seem to be thriving, and I'm fairly certain its' due to them having ample room, frequent mistings, and live ants.

-Andrea ;)

PS-No crazy shots yet, but I'm working on it :D

crestedgeckogirly

Hmmm, for some reason I can't edit my former post. I have been informed that they are actually Draco maculatus, not lineatus (lineatus is what they were ordered as, but if any of you have experience w/ordering imports, you know that what you order is not always what you get!).

-Andrea ;)

ByRandom

Deliriously Random
How big are they..? (No point of reference in the pictures.. I'm sure I could do a simple search on Google and pull up a measurement.. But that'd be too easy for me to do! ;))

Visit our friends