He has an itch.
scratchingsloth.jpg

Male upclose.
slotheye.jpg

Female waking up.
slothfemale.jpg

I

Intense Herpetoculture

Well, they can't be handled, but they can be fed and coaxed into doing things with food. I had a female I had prior take a good chunk out of my hand when I tried to make her do things my way. These were WC animals, when I gte offspring they should be semi-handable.

gixxer3420 said:
They are great! can they be handled? Are they mean?

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Intense Herpetoculture said:
Well, they can't be handled, but they can be fed and coaxed into doing things with food. I had a female I had prior take a good chunk out of my hand when I tried to make her do things my way. These were WC animals, when I gte offspring they should be semi-handable.

Wouldn't want to be scrtched by those nails :main_lipsrsealed:

I

Intense Herpetoculture

It's the teeth you want to be worried about.

Jeanne said:
Wouldn't want to be scrtched by those nails :main_lipsrsealed:

I

Intense Herpetoculture

Two toed, Dallas World Aquarium is the only place in the US with Three Toed. I am hoping to bring back a few Three Toed next year. Their diet is much more difficult to duplicate.

BalloonzForU said:
Beautiful Creatures! Two or Three Toed? I can't tell.

I

Intense Herpetoculture

Ahh, you'll just have to find out in the future. Let's just say I have a very varied collections of critters. I don't even think my wife knows everything I keep. In fact, I surprize myself with remembering what I have. As for mammals, I have a great dane, a few cats, sugar glider, opposum, sloths, and fruit bats.

Next year will be very interesting. I'll be introducing several new species to the hobby with the introduction of my herp & invert farm in Bolivia (i'm starting with a friend). I should be bringing in rare anaconda species, Giant Lake Titicaca frogs, undescribed vipers, bushmasters, new tarantula species, etc. Also expect some neat new tropical fish species, including hopefully a freshwater species of seahorse. I expect freshwater sawfish form Indonesia and a giant species of freshwater stingray from the Mekong river. I also plan on collecting various hammerhead shark species late next spring for zoological collections and a few selected private facilities.

brandy101010 said:
Wow! You have some very cool pets! What else do you have?

BalloonzForU

Ahh, you'll just have to find out in the future. Let's just say I have a very varied collections of critters. I don't even think my wife knows everything I keep. In fact, I surprize myself with remembering what I have. As for mammals, I have a great dane, a few cats, sugar glider, opposum, sloths, and fruit bats.

Next year will be very interesting. I'll be introducing several new species to the hobby with the introduction of my herp & invert farm in Bolivia (i'm starting with a friend). I should be bringing in rare anaconda species, Giant Lake Titicaca frogs, undescribed vipers, bushmasters, new tarantula species, etc. Also expect some neat new tropical fish species, including hopefully a freshwater species of seahorse. I expect freshwater sawfish form Indonesia and a giant species of freshwater stingray from the Mekong river. I also plan on collecting various hammerhead shark species late next spring for zoological collections and a few selected private facilities.

Wow what a list! I wanna see a freshwater seahorse. I didn't know there was a freshwater one. I love seahorses.

I

Intense Herpetoculture

It is an undescribed species and so far only dead specimens have been collected on the river banks during the dry season. They will hit the market big when live specimens are collected and bred in good numbers.

BalloonzForU said:
Wow what a list! I wanna see a freshwater seahorse. I didn't know there was a freshwater one. I love seahorses.

BalloonzForU

It is an undescribed species and so far only dead specimens have been collected on the river banks during the dry season. They will hit the market big when live specimens are collected and bred in good numbers.

Is this river closed off from salt or brackish water? Have you seen a dead specimen? I really like the dragon type I believe from Australia. At first glance you don't even realize it's even an animal.

Last edited:
I

Intense Herpetoculture

Seperated by a few hundred miles from saltwater. The Dragon seahorses are nice, difficult to acquire and care for.
BalloonzForU said:
Is this river closed off from salt or brackish water? Have you seen a dead specimen? I really like the dragon type I believe from Australia. At first glance you don't even realize it's even an animal.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dizzmaldan420

Which rare anaconda species are you referring to? Eunectes Deschaunnessey (probably butchered the spelling)? I've only heard of 4 species so far. E. murinus and E. notaeus being the most common. The other 2 are pretty obscure and I couldn't even find any reference of them to check my spelling. I'd love to see pics if you have any.

I

Intense Herpetoculture

We will be working primarily with Eunectes beniensis. I should have the first pics in Jan.

dizzmaldan420 said:
Which rare anaconda species are you referring to? Eunectes Deschaunnessey (probably butchered the spelling)? I've only heard of 4 species so far. E. murinus and E. notaeus being the most common. The other 2 are pretty obscure and I couldn't even find any reference of them to check my spelling. I'd love to see pics if you have any.

Visit our friends