Cloudy eye

camie31

I have my girl getting better and now my male has a cloudy eye. They are all in separate tanks and I have not been handling him. I have a few days to go before I can get to the vet financially anything I can do from home. Thank You!

About your leo:
- Sex Male
- Age & Weight 5.5 years
- How long have you owned your leo 5 years
- Where was he/she obtained ( Pet store)

A) Health/History
- How often do you handle your leo Once a week or so but not in the last month since my female got sick just taken out to clean the tank.
- Is your leo acting any different today? If so how does he/she normally act which differs from now. Licking his eye wouldnt eat tonight

- Has he/she had any problems in the past ~ no not in 5 years
B) Fecal look fine
- When was the last time he/she went night before last

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- Size 40 gallon?
- Type glass tank
- Type of substrate paper towels
- Hides paper towel roll across the back of the tank, moist hide from Tupperware and a rock hide (ceramic)
B) Heating
- Heat source uth overhead during winter
- Cage temps 92, 84

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet mealworms sometimes crickets every other night or so

- How are you feeding (bowl
B) Supplements dust with repashy every feeding < just started it every feed instead of once a week a few weeks ago.>

- What are you gut loading food with the calcuim fllukers cubes

Attachments

• DSCN0059.jpg
    DSCN0059.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 3

sausage

BSc AMAS
Hi sorry i dont understand what you mean by this? "Heat source uth overhead during winter" dose that mean that u thave a heat mat ontop of the cage or that you have a heat mat and lights as extra for the winter?

DrCarrotTail

So do your geckos have any heat at all during the summer? How are your cage temps getting to 92? How are you measuring the temperatures?

The cloudy eye could be due to a layer of shed stuck on it. I would begin by soaking him in a closed tupperware with a half inch of 95 degree water for 10-20 minutes. You can do this once or twice a day until you get him to the vet and/or the cloudiness disappears.

camie31

No they all have under tank heating year round just in the winter my room is the coldest in the house so i add the heating lights.

DrCarrotTail

Sorry I didn't see it in your original post. How are you measuring your temperatures in the tank?

I like to keep the cool side of my tanks in the 70s - about room temperature. This gradient allows the gecko to thermoregulate as they need to. 84 isn't quite cool enough for them to do this properly.

Visit our friends