Chirping at night

prettyinpink

Every night...someone is chirping at night. I thought it was one of my leos throwing up so I raced to their cages to check it out but nothing. It's every night, the same sound. It happens either once...sometimes twice or three times. I can't figure out what it is.

I thought maybe pooping (sometimes it makes a 'popping noise'), but I can't figure it out. They don't chirp, so I don't get it. Anyone have this?

They're in my bedroom...so I usually hear it when I give everyone food, shut off lights...and by the time I'm almost asleep the chirp noise goes. I've never caught it in action, and if I have tv on it won't happen.

Anyone have this? :eek:

ETA: Is it maybe a yawn?
And NO, no crickets :p

Last edited:

sausage

BSc AMAS
do you feed your leos crickets?
as if so then it is them making the noise. mine do it once it gets dark! is soooo very annoying lol

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
I love chirping noises...we keep the gargs in the bedroom and I can now identify which garg is chirping when the lights are off (each one has their own specific chirp, so cute)

prettyinpink

Emma, as stated in my post I don't feed crickets :p

So it is normal to chirp? I didn't think leos chirped. I cant' figure out which one it is though

latshki

Breeder in the making
the name gecko actually derives from the call of the tokay which says "gecko"
so it is t"rue that most geckos make noise some more than others, Ive had one of my leos "bark" at times especially babies

prettyinpink

Well that's good to know, just wanted to make sure everyone is ok. Wish I could spot it when she starts doing it. Would love to know who's doing it :p

bromide

Awesome
My leo chirps. I thought it was the sound of him tearing off his shed since he was shedding at that time. Then I heard it again, but this time he wasn't shedding.

Pokersnake

I get some sort of a croak every night. It's the same noise that I get when I'm holding the leos in a way they don't want (if I have to remove some shed or have to get them to stay still). I'm not sure which one is doing it either. But it is a normal noise. Maybe they've gotten themselves into a position that is unsatisfactory?

Pinky81

OMG you guys have me soo jealous right now :p none of my guys chirp!! Clyde will growl at me when I pick him up..he's such a crab apple!! :main_rolleyes:

Visit our friends