cant disclose names..?

got spots?

leo lover
Okay this just doesn't make too much sense to me. You are not allowed to give names out of bad breeders or stores, which can make us keep giving money to a bad cause. But while if a donation thing comes around, and turns out to be a scam it is told it is a bad one, giving name of the person and such. I know some defences to this will be donations large amounts of people give money to someone who is doing something wrong. But isnt more money given to pet stores that take bad care of pets and such.

IMHO I thnik that is the same thing.

robin

i gotta agree with you there thad. however some breeders or "bad guys" are deceptive as well.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
There's also a difference between exposing a fraud in the middle of an already active thread and starting new threads to complain about people/businesses. Another forum has a BOI or Board Of Inquiry specifically for reporting "Good Guys" and "Bad Guys" so anyone who wants to give people the heads up can do it there. Here, we encourage people to use the iTrader system to leave feedback about their experiences with members here.

robin

mel i don't think anyone was going to expose any names at all. i think they were just wondering why. *shrug*

KelliH

If you have a complaint about a business or breeder, there is a place on faunaclassifieds.com called the BOI (Board of Inquiry). You can post those complaints there. I'm not willing to take the chance of being sued because of it, sorry. :)

got spots?

leo lover
No no I wasnt mad or anything like that while writing it I mean just like saying Oh, I get bugs in my bugs from ___. Not like saying "OMG dont go here they are horrible ect.

JordanAng420

No no I wasnt mad or anything like that while writing it I mean just like saying Oh, I get bugs in my bugs from ___. Not like saying "OMG dont go here they are horrible ect.

There is a reason the names of those stores are blanked out when they are typed. Reasons we cannot "talk trash" or simply give negative experiances with those stores' names attached.

I think Ken explained it best by saying:

There is a legal term called slander, give it a look. While you're at it take a look at defamation. Both could land the powers that be in court, and no one wants that.

Digby Rigby

truth?

Truth has nothing to do with it. When it comes to court cases. It is based solely on evidence presented. In fact when a judge finds someone guilty they say " Based on the evidence this court finds you guilty." Not you are guilty. Also as far as courts are concerned it is not true if you have no evidence to support your claim. Also in civil court it takes money to hire lawyers and as such I can tell you the one who is willing to spend the money will win over someone who merely relies on truth and justice. Its only slander or libel if you can prove it by a preponderance of the evidence.

Digby Rigby [email protected]

Matt K

Its a fine line between what qualifies as freedom of speech /press and someone elses sense to tolerate that freedom without litigation. Unfortunately.

Visit our friends