Breeding

GoGo

I'm Watching You
Im preparing to breed my Albino leo with my Mack Snow/Pastel leo. Me and my family are prepared to get anything the babies need and will have a set up incubation area for it. I was just wondeirng if i could have some advice on breeding? Both leo's are over 50g.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It would probably be helpful for you to read the breeding section of some of the better known leopard gecko books on the market, such as the Leopard Gecko Manual, The Leopard Gecko in Captivity, The Herpetoculture of Leopard Geckos. Another thing I did when I was preparing for breeding was to go through the relevant posts on some of the reptile forums. Every time I found something useful, I would copy and paste it into a word processing document. Then when I read it all over I had a lot of information. That might be easier than expecting people to post a lot of information that may seem basic to them all over again on this thread.

Aliza

D

dwarfgouramis

wait a minute.. probably a stupid question, but is GoGo and KiKi the same person??

Stitch

Have the incubator ready to go before the female lays eggs and remember not to turn the eggs once laid. Other then that the books and care sheets should have all the info you need.

Stitch

I never noticed my female getting lazy, if anything she had a huge appetite and would always poke her head out of the cave looking for food if I was in the room. Another note make sure she is getting plenty of plain calcium, it could help prevent egg binding.

Last edited:

GoGo

I'm Watching You
Alex isnt so much lazy as all of our geckos jsut arnt active in their tank much. They move around, switch hides, but thats about it. Their much more active when out but we dontt take alex out since shes gravid.

D

DannyCrazy4Geckos

My advice for breeding is even if you don't get fertile eggs the first or so tries, don't give up. My female has laid 4 infertile clutches so far, but I'm going to try her with a different male and I'm pretty sure it will work out. ;)

Visit our friends