Breeders and location sticky?

LeapinLizards

It's a BEAUT Clark!
I was wondering if this is an option. EVERY day there is someone asking either in chat, or on the forum if there is a breeder in their area. I know on other sites I've been on (not reptile sites, but say, car forums) there is a thread with people's locations that you can contact for help. I'm not sure if something like this would step on the toes of the site sponsors. It wouldn't have to be links, but just names and locations. I think something like this would really help people that think they have no other option but buying a gecko from a pet chain. If it's possible, I would even organize it.

psypulse

I think it's a very good idea, and let's make it international as wel :D
So far I found 1 breeder in Belgium... (and 1 in the Netherlands, but being Belgian, I prefer closer to home)

LeapinLizards

It's a BEAUT Clark!
Well my only worry would be that it would step on the toes of the sponsors of the site, and that cannot happen.

cwazy

Cwazy Gecko Man!
sponsers get banners... and are on the front page... i think a sticky page would be comepletly awesome! great idea... nuttin fancy, simply a name and email addy with the location... divided by states.... that would help out alot of people i am sure of it... the best local breeder that I KNOW of is 2 states away! but she doesnt mind the drive :p i really think this would be a great idea... maybe when addin the site sponsers you could make the BOLD and in CAPS or something else that will make them stick out... perhaps a different color or something *shrug* great idea!!

I think this is a great idea. As a breeder, and reptile seller, I support anything to help steer people away from getting "pet stores" to anwser thier questions!!! As far as stepping on toes, I don't see where this will affect their advertising. They will still get the same advertising they paid for!!!

N

newbiez

i think that would be great.. especially for us people in states where findind a breeder is like finding a needle in a hay stack.. i live in TN and the closest qaulity breeder ive found is 10 hours away!

ctgecko

i think it's a great idea , i can't tell you how many times i've had to pm someone to find out where they are located. i think it would help in the classified section for those people who hate to pay shipping and i am one of them !!!!

K

KnECritters

I think this is a fantastic idea as well! I'd love to find local breeders, and for people to be able to find me.

I agree with you Heather, this is a wonderful idea, I would send Kelli a pm and ask her to look at this thread and see what she says. Right now I have to look threw the member list and find a thread of someone in my area and then look for a thread they have posted and see if they say anything about being a breeder. Then I pm them to see if they have anything for sell. Its alot of work and what you are talking about would be so much easier. I don't see why this would upset anyone but who knows.

Okee Reps

Okeechobee Reptiles
I think making something like that on here would do the sponsors of this site a disservice but there is a breeder directory that a member on here was trying to put together. Maybe a thread getting all "breeders" to send a email to that site's admin to get included would be better. That is of course if it doesn't violate the TOS of this site.

here's the link: http://geckoinformation.info/leopardgecko-directory.shtml

thekooliest

Website Creator
I think making something like that on here would do the sponsors of this site a disservice but there is a breeder directory that a member on here was trying to put together. Maybe a thread getting all "breeders" to send a email to that site's admin to get included would be better. That is of course if it doesn't violate the TOS of this site.

here's the link: http://geckoinformation.info/leopardgecko-directory.shtml

Thanks a lot for the referal of my site. Ya, I believe that it wouldn't help out the few breeders that are helping out GF. And if anyone wants to help me compile some lists of breeders that I don't have (there are many out there still), that would be great!
-Sam

Visit our friends