Whites T/F pics for Robin!

Ian S.

Some cool up close pics of fatty Mama for ya! Enjoy!
P6260003.jpg

P6260015.jpg

P6260017.jpg

P6260023.jpg

Last edited:

robin

OMG i so love that big mama whites!!! awesome photos!!!!
that first and second photo are the best i think if it is okay with you make a collage white those pics!!! thank you thank youi

Ian S.

robin said:
OMG i so love that big mama whites!!! awesome photos!!!!
that first and second photo are the best i think if it is okay with you make a collage white those pics!!! thank you thank youi
By all means..pls do:main_thumbsup:

robin

Ian have you been able to breed them? and can you or how can you tell the sex of them?

Ian S.

robin said:
Ian have you been able to breed them? and can you or how can you tell the sex of them?
Unfortunately I havn't bred them. I've done alot of reading and research on it. It sounds some what complicated. Basically all you need to do is build a "rain" tank with water. drop the temps, and reduce feeding. Only reason I have not tried is well..... no room.:main_no:LOL!!
Ahh yes and the females get larger than males. Also in adulthood I've read that males have an extra thumb like diget. In other words A spur on the inside of the front feet. Everything I've read also states that this is not the case with subspecies. It's really hard to tell the difference between the Australians, Indonesian and New Guinea's. I used to have these electric blue phase whites years ago,"they were so blue" and I sold them. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for that. They were amazing!

Last edited:

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
Would this be an appropriate thread to point out that a whites that has a tympanic roll covering more than two-thirds of the tympanum itself is obese?

Or that the seasonal cycling for whites is pretty straightforward and that the rain chamber is only the second half of it?

Or that nuptual pads are only present when the males have been actively cycled to breed?

Or that breeding an obese female is not always the best idea?

I'm still trying to figure out the tone of the website when it comes to legitimate criticisms of things other people post- White's tree frogs aren't real tough to breed and I could probably dig up all my notes and write you a nice little "This is how I did it repeatedly with multiple groups for a few years" kind of tips and tricks conversation... but in doing so I'd need to stress that the frog in the photos is way, waaaaay too fat and needs to have it's caloric intake cut down signifigantly since you've gone well beyond "nice and chubby with good body reserves" and into "fatty deposits choking off vital organs and signifigantly shortening the animal's life."

Hell, you're in Massachusetts someplace... If you can get her weight down, I'll build you a suitable rain chamber (or two or three, how many frogs have you got?). I like seeing people breed these frogs, they're one of my favorite species but... I like seeing people take proper care of them too.

Edit: misspelled typanum as "timpanum" twice... Just one of those words I am unable to type correctly the first time I make the attempt. Do it every time.

Last edited:

Ian S.

M_surinamensis said:
I'm still trying to figure out the tone of the website when it comes to legitimate criticisms of things other people post- White's tree frogs aren't real tough to breed and I could probably dig up all my notes and write you a nice little "This is how I did it repeatedly with multiple groups for a few years" kind of tips and tricks conversation... but in doing so I'd need to stress that the frog in the photos is way, waaaaay too fat and needs to have it's caloric intake cut down signifigantly since you've gone well beyond "nice and chubby with good body reserves" and into "fatty deposits choking off vital organs and signifigantly shortening the animal's life."
Whoa hang on... first off I'm well aware that these frogs easily become obese. Secondly before you harp on me, my frogs only eat once every four weeks due to that reason. I do not feed any high caloric foods, crickets and mealies....(thats it) No pinkies, waxies, silkies, goliaths, or anything high caloric of the sort. Thirdly the frog is perfectly healthy,Climbs and hops around more frequent than any of the others. I would appreciate some questions before lude criticism. I for one am also quite able to build my own rain tank. Maybe you missed the part where I said I have no room. I could not remember the exact cycle for breeding so instead of typing any false info, I thought I'd look it up.
-thanks-

Last edited:

Ian S.

M_surinamensis said:
Suit yourself.
and that means??? I'll do what's suitable for the health of the frog. Thank you much!! Was their anything I should be doing differently?

Ian S.

since you've gone well beyond "nice and chubby with good body reserves" and into "fatty deposits choking off vital organs and signifigantly shortening the animal's life.
"I'll also add a comment to this arrogant false statement, since your so opinionated. Breeding shortens the animals life just as well. mmmmmmm K kids

Last edited:

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
Ian S. said:
and that means??? I'll do what's suitable for the health of the frog. Thank you much!! Was their anything I should be doing differently?

It means exactly what it says. If you don't care that your frog is disgustingly overweight and you don't want my advice and breeding tips- it's YOUR animal. Cut it's lifespan short and act in a manner that's detrimental to it's quality of life all you want; you'll have to live with it. Not me.

I haven't got the patience or the inclination to waste my time with someone who's going to fight me when I offer advice and help.

When it dies, lemme know what the necropsy says though, I can ALWAYS make time for "I told you so."

Ian S.

So what r your suggestions that differ from what I'm currently doing? Suppose I feed once every six months?? Lets hear em P.C. tuff guy (with no patience)<---{ I really feel bad about that one, cause it takes alot of pateince and devotion....no no sorry "inclination" to work with animals}. So far I still hear nothing but "bla bla bla I'm a dirty tramp" It says so right on your signature. Stop calling her fat!! If she hears you she'll kick your ass. Your not heplful at all. As a matter of fact, not only are you straight up wrong (with the exception of a few quotes), You weren't offerring freindly advise. You were ignorantly,publically & rudely ridiculing me before even asking me any of the habits or scheduals I have them on. Apparently you've never seen an obese whites treefrog. If you think she's obese go do some more research and jot down a few more of those little unhelpful hints you were talking about. If that post is how you offer advise and help than stick it. I don't know too many people that would want that kind of help.

Last edited:

Ian S.

Cut it's lifespan short and act in a manner that's detrimental to it's quality of life all you want; you'll have to live with it. Not me.

I'm sorry do I StStSStutter

"Also for the record the frog is 8 years old. (doin just fine if you ask me)"

Secondly.. I'd never take advice from someone that reccommends to suit myself rather than suitable care of the animal. That's just ludacris.

Last edited:

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
"Also for the record the frog is 8 years old. (doin just fine if you ask me)"

The frog is one third of what should be it's anticipated healthy life expectancy, if you keep it at that weight and it's not dead in under two years I'll be heartily surprised. You're apparantly twenty four, about a third of the way into your life, give or take. If you were showing signs of a signifigant health problem, would you consider that you'd had a good run or would you work to actively correct it?

Secondly.. I'd never take advice from someone that reccommends to suit myself rather than suitable care of the animal. That's just ludacris.

If you really, really want me to, I can beat the verbal crap out of you over your lack of care for this animal, demand specific husbandry details and then point out every single flaw and generally berrate you until you feel like an idiot and agree to shape up your husbandry. But it's really kind of a pain in the ass and will take more of my time and effort than I'm interested in giving you. You want to disagree with my assessment that your ham with legs that you call a frog is unhealthily overweight... I'm content to just sit back, give it a couple years and let you come to me (or, if you've got the decency to be embarassed, someone else who's not a moron and can point out your problems) as a supplicant for the information I was willing to give you freely with my first post on this thread.

I am sick and tired of bashing people's heads in to get them to take care of their animals. I'm going to try a new tactic for awhile- approach them once, if they're defensive or contrary I'll let them figure out how they're screwing up on their own. Although I'm frankly surprised you haven't been nailed to the wall for your pride over the disgusting condition of that animal by a few other people registered over here... I guess they just haven't seen the thread. Yet.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
M_surinamensis said:
Would this be an appropriate thread to point out that a whites that has a tympanic roll covering more than two-thirds of the tympanum itself is obese?

Or that the seasonal cycling for whites is pretty straightforward and that the rain chamber is only the second half of it?

Or that nuptual pads are only present when the males have been actively cycled to breed?

Or that breeding an obese female is not always the best idea?

Hell, you're in Massachusetts someplace... If you can get her weight down, I'll build you a suitable rain chamber (or two or three, how many frogs have you got?). I like seeing people breed these frogs, they're one of my favorite species but... I like seeing people take proper care of them too.

Edit: misspelled typanum as "timpanum" twice... Just one of those words I am unable to type correctly the first time I make the attempt. Do it every time.

OMG! I am having MAJOR Fauna Flashbacks! :main_thumbsdown:

Maybe if you weren't so rude when offering advice people wouldn't get defensive at your posts. Why can't we all just get along ;)

Visit our friends