New Rack

Perefalcon

Jill?????
Whatcha think? I was able to keep the cost under $75 for the racks and now all I need is more tubs!!!
Oh and Flex Watt and a thermometer lol

gko reptiles

A New Generation
At GKO Reptiles, Phillip and I have built all of our own racks, (excluding the ones we recently purchased simply because it was such a good deal) All of our racks , including our 60 tub hatchling rack, for under $150 each incl heat tape and everything. I do like your innovative thinking, but doesn't having the lids on the sterelites kinda defeat the purpose of having a rack system?

Perefalcon

Jill?????
that was just to show a comparative, those racks are for my hatchlings next year.
And I wasn't aware that the purpose of racks were only to keep the tops off, I was under the impression that it saved space, which is something I'm limited on.

BalloonzForU

Tonya, that's cute.

I have one rack that I have to keep the lids on, it was my first rack and it was only cause I needed the room. The other racks don't need lids. I like the no lids, cause you don't have to pull the tub all the way out to feed and water.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
All of my racks have the lids on them. Haha "Jill", I SWEAR the hatchling rack I JUST built is the same stuff, only taller and white. When I can afford it, I'll switch to racks where I don't need the lids. For now (as the saying goes) beggars can't be choosers.

Perefalcon

Jill?????
excatly
Actually I plan eventually to enclose that rack in the back and sides so that ir holds heat better. But I've gotta figure out that first. I want it light weight but not meltable, and able to retain the heat...but not flammable...I don't ask much LOL really

gko reptiles

A New Generation
I didn't mean anything by it, so if I offended someone, I'm really sorry!! Phillip and I centered our rack building around the fact that we wanted fast and easy cleaning, and we switched from tanks because it was annoying to take the top off everytime... racks are also kind of a bad idea too because now that we have the space we're up to 100+ geckos (20 of which are breeders.) So whether you have the lids on, or not, beware of the ever growing rack system!!!

Last edited:

Kimjorg

GKO Reptiles sold me this rack for $150 dollars that they made and it has been the best $150 dollars I have spent for my babies. It came with the tubs, heat tape, and all of the cords and connections to go with the heat tape. Most of the racks that hold 12 tubs are over $200 and mine holds 21 tubs and was cheaper than the 12 tub racks. The dividers are really handy too because the babies can't escape like the other racks we used. I'm sure if anyone is interested they would be willing to probably make one and sell it to you, they may even possibly bring it to Daytona with them or you could pick it up. Just a thought!

Visit our friends