Question about buying mealworms online, and separating the mealworms from the crap

Jeff876533

Jeffrayy
hey guys, i ordered 5K medium mealworms off of www.reptilefood.com. It arrived fine, but there was a tonn of shed skin, and crap all in the container. Is there any other company that with the mealworms, doesnt come with all the crap?? or can i avoid this by ordering bigger mealworms?? and also, if i cannot avoid this, how do you guys separate the mealworms from the crap??
thanks in advance, because if there isnt a way to separate them from the junk, idk what im gonna do. It takes like 20 minutes to feed 5 leos just because i have to separate.

PrototypeGeckos

Well I have only ordered in bulk twice, both times from sunshinemealworms.com, and I ordered 2000 large mealworms, and they arrived with no shed or any other crap and not a single one was dead, so I can't say anything but great things about them so far, check them out.

G

GeckoMandi

I just got 1,000 from grubco for $11 shipped, fast shipping every single one was alive and there was no crap or shed stuff.

gaparicio

Let's Go Bears!
I've gotten shipments with shed all over the place. I just do it the old fashioned way. I put them in a large container, place the container in the bath tub and start blowing! shed everywhere, my wifes hates that but it gets the job done.:D for cleanup, just turn on the shower and you're done! I'm very unorthodox.lol

gko reptiles

A New Generation
We order from Sunshine Mealworms as well... but we order 20 or 30 thousand at a time! They come neatly packed with little "crap", just newspaper and a bag; and they're always all alive. mmm... mealworms... :)

P

pawsfoot

I ordered from timberline fisheries last time and I didn't have any shed or crap to speak of either.

T

TheHiddenGecko

To separate them I put them in a shallow container, take them outside in the grass and blow. Almost all the shed comes out. For the crap I just dumb the mealies in a sifter and shake until it is all separated. That usually takes about 5-10 minutes.

nwheat

Feeding the mealworms a carrot about an hour before you want to feed the geckos will concentrate the mealworms so they are easier to pick out. That should work well for five geckos. I'd try a different supplier next time - there really shouldn't be so much shed & stuff in there.

S

sacredcreatures

I buy from Reptile Foods and I have never had a problem with shed skins and I have ordered for two years. I order 10,0000-20,0000 at a time plus 5000 crickets 2000 supers and 1000 waxworms weekly. If I even have any die they send out another order all paid for including shipping without question. I am very happy with them. But I do deal with shed skin at home from my own. I just take the container outside and blow.

Visit our friends