another jill situation????

N

Nastynotch

someone tell me a way to get the phone Solicitors to stop calling.

it drives me nuts. get this.
in the last 2 hours i have had 5 phone calls (to my cellphone) with someone asking me for jose`.......id give you a last name but i couldnt understand. from what i could tell it was some sort of bank passing on information about his credit and grop loss over the last three months?

jose jose jose jose...make it stop please!

never the less its to my cellphone.

tonya how do you make them stop calling you jose? (*begs with sarcasim*)

P

pawsfoot

HAHA, simply reply that this is not joses phone and to please take you off their list. if that doesn't work and they call again I always scream profanities at them. just my opinion

N

Nastynotch

Soliciter: (In bad english) "May i Speak to jose shev(somthing) please"
Me: Im sorry this is nathan, you have the wrong number

10 minutes later

Soliciter: "This is National City regaurding your credit, Mr Shev(something spanish)"
Me: sorry you guys have the wrong number again.

ten minutes later

Soliciter: "Hello jose Shev(somethingspanish), Calling on regaurds of national cit......"
Me: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST

and then it just continues in a never ending cycle.

BalloonzForU

I would threaten to make them pay for your cell phone bill if they call you again. After they ask for Jose, ask the persons name then as for a manager, and explain to them about these calls to YOUR/NOT JOSE's cell phone.

P

pawsfoot

Aww I'm sorry, try giving them someone elses phone number and tell them he moved and he gave you his new number. LOL. worth a try. or you can change your voicemail to "this is nathan, not jose, ifyou are from a bank or a credit company please do not leave a voicemail. he apparently is never going to pay you back." I like to burst out in tears (fake) every now and then and tell them he left me for someone else. or since i live with my b/f they always call me Mrs. (his last name) and I say we just got a divorce thanks for rubbing it in and slam the phone down. whatever works for you

or felicias idea would work too. lol

P

pawsfoot

LOL. that's good thinking. it makes my ex's angry. haha

eyelids

Bells Rule!
I have a similar problem, but it's my home phone. Everyday I get at least five calls asking if this is the pharmacy. My number is one digit off of the local Walgreens number. I've been tempted to take people's information, but it's an honest mistake and not telemarketers.

Good luck with your ordeal.

LeosForLess

I get calles for Jeremy Lee, a paster in Joliet, all the time. If yo ugot your cell # recently from T-Mobile, its probably recycled. Thats when sombody gets a new fone and # and you get that persons old number. I get called a few times a day or a few times a week. So now my voicemail is , "I AM NOT JEREMY LEE!!!" and thats it.

BalloonzForU

LOL My business line is one number off from the church down the street. The funny thing is I get just about as many calls from the church by mistake as I do calls for the church by mistake.

S

SPJ

Go to a party supply shop and buy a small air horn. They run about $7 for the 8 ounce size. Next time they call, answer and blow away. I guarentee the company will not call again.

L

LadyGecko

In the past 11 years we have had our home phone number listed erroneously in our local phone book as both for a local convenience store and an elementary school
The early calls in the am from parents saying why their child would not be in school were the most irksome
For a few years I turned down the ringers on the phones and the answering machine volume

:main_thumbsdown:

Sandy

R

Russ S

I used to get calls for a Taxi at 5:30 am about 3 times a week.
After repeatedly telling this person she had the wrong #, and then finally looking up the number for her and giving it to her several times, I would just ask her where she wanted the taxi and what time. I guess she didn't like the taxi not showing up and decided to use another taxi service that didn't have a similar number to mine.
As for your problem, simply explain that Jose' has passed away, and if they really need to reach him they should try praying. you can even offer to prey with them if they like. This usually stops the calls.

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
I worked as a fraud detection agent for US Bank for a while, and we would be required to make these types of calls ('regarding your current account...') 100 times per day. Whenever we saw a suspicious charge on a CC account, we would attempt to contact the customer to make sure the purchase is valid and to make sure the card is not stolen. My guess would be is that it's the number they have for the guy and the reps didn't record it (or didn't beleive you), and when another charge came in a different rep got the same account and tried again.

So it's quite likely that the company is NOT a solicitor, but actually trying to reach the guy for collections or for verification. The number they use can be from 1) The account on file (the number the guy gave them when filling out an application) 2) Directory Service, 3) The guy's credit report, or 4) someone typed in the wrong number when creating/updating his account.

Cell phone companies (all of them), as well as phone companies now that number portability is the case, recycle phone numbers as well, so it's possible that the guy had the number before you. Law states the number can't be reused for 30 days, but some carriers will wait 60 or 90 to prevent exactly this type of problem.

If the same place calls back you can always ask to talk to a supervisor as well...because someone likely isn't recording or looking at the account history to see that the number is invalid, and they're not doing their job. Anyway, moral of the story: they're not solicitors since they're not trying to sell anything.

gko reptiles

A New Generation
Ugh, try being a hostess at a restaraunt and having a phone number that is ONE DIGIT off of the local hospital... there were also 8 other numbers one digit off from ours... the last four digits of the restaraunt were "7000", the hospital was "4000", a golf course was "2000", a Holiday Inn was "5000"... etc and so on. Everyday, in the middle of rush, some crazy woman would always call looking for the hospital with a real emergency, and we would have to stand there for 10 minutes explaning that this was "Norris's Famous Place for Ribs" not the "ER". (Yes, I know it should be **Norris'** Famous Place for Ribs, but the owner is a RETARD!! lol)

Whew... I feel better! :)

Perefalcon

Jill?????
the last time the person called for Jill, I told her, "this wasn't Jill's number the first time you called, this still isn't Jill's number, keep calling and I'll bring the police into it!" Never heard from them again

Visit our friends