Panama photos!!! sweet! (8 total)

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
I was rooting around, and found a photo album with some Panama pics, and I thought I would share with everyone. It was really nice looking at them (even though most are outta focus), but it REALLY makes me miss Panama. It was only about a billion times cooler than Chicago could ever be.

I'll start with a few herp related ones....

I didn't actually get to see this one. :( I was at school, dang it!!! This is LITERALLY our back yard. Go up the hill about 20 feet and there's our house. You can't see what type of snake it is in this picture, and I don't actually have the other pics...my parents have them. If i remember, it's a boa. Yea, that's my Mom standing near it! Everyone should give kudos to my parents for saving this snake. The neighbors were scared of it and were about to kill it. My parents told them the snake wasn't going to harm anyone and chased it back into the jungle. YAY MOM AND DAD!

Mom.jpg

This is one of my all-time favorite Panama pics. I've always thought it would make a killer painting. I had to go sooooo far to find this juvie iguana (3'). My legs were so tired after crossing the street from my house! This was in a neighbors yard.

iggi1.jpg

I came home from school one day to see this guy had gotten himself on the overhang between the first and second floor (not hard to do, there was a HUGE rubber tree on on side). This guy was about 4' long. I hung out the windows and got a bunch of cool photos. At one point he got a bit pissed I was chasing him around, so I threw some him some hibiscus flowers and he was my buddy while they lasted.

iggi2.jpg

This picture cracks me up. For years I thought this was a cool picture of a bat I found in out drainage gutter (like 2 feet from our door). When I found the album today, I was thinking the same thing...soo cool to have seen a bat so close. I was bummed that I never got a good ID on it...some sort of long-tailed bat. And then, like a ton of bricks, I realised there is a GECKO in the picture! ROFL!!! I have had this photo for at LEAST 10 years and I NEVER saw the gecko!

Bat.jpg

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
This was a rare sight. There were always sloths in the area, but they are SO darned hard to find. I can't remember if this is a 2 toed or 3 toed. I'm thinking it's a 3 toed. In the 4 years I lived there, I saw sloths 3 times for sure.

sloth.jpg

We would see these trees every now and then, always in the dry season. Yea, there are two seasons...LOL....wet (9 months) and dry (3 months). We always figured with the dry weather they were trees that were going dormant. NOPE! We were wrong. After awhile, we found out those are FLOWERS!

tree.jpg

HAHA. This is me at about 14 -15. I had climbed the waterfall, daydreaming of finding some dart frogs. I didn't find any, so I climbed down. I couldn't really make the last 2 or 3 feet down, so I decided to jump in the water, which was only 2 feet deep. Unfortunatly, I landed on a rock shaped like a teeter-totter. I tried SOOOOO hard to keep my balance. I was doing the HUGE cartoon arm-windmills back and forth for what seemed like forever. Gravity won, and I plunged into the water and got SOAKED. It was pretty funny (as you can see), but I had to ride home wet!

me.jpg

And finally, not everything translated well there. This was a kiosk (sp?) that was in the duty-free zone of the airport for at least 4 years. My parents were tempted....

kid.jpg

robin

i bet panama was awesome. i love the photos. that boa looks like this a rather good sized one and i love the duty free shop LOL

Visit our friends