Hatchling scared the crap out of me.

BalloonzForU

I go to take some pics of my little ones last night, and I find Bunnie's most recent hatchling, one that looks promising to be another SHTCTB het Tremper, with it's back right leg bent at the knee in the wrong direction. His foot was up by his head and the leg was all red. I freaked! I tried to pick him up but he just hobbled all over the tub and I really was afraid to touch the leg, but.... Then all of a sudden the leg is normal, color back to normal, and baby is walking normal again. Still shaking, I go back to chat and I tell everyone what just happened. (Ok for those of you that have seen this before stop laughing at me. LOL) I figured I'd save some of you the heartache I felt at the time, to fill you in on this. Well I guess this happens every once in a while, in hatchlings, when they shed. Now thinking about this, it does make sense, that it could happen. With smaller leg muscles and more flexible bones than adults, and the way they pull the shed off their legs. Actually, I can visualize it in my head, OMG that looks painful. Been checking on the little guy and he's fine, alert and chasing crix just fine. Thank God!

W

Welsh

I remember asking you if you won or lost the lotto when you told me. :main_laugh:

Get some pictures of this little guy; you took some. Just post 'em!

<3 :balloon:ForU

BalloonzForU

Golden Gate Geckos said:
Too bad you didn't have a camera at hand!

OH, I did, but I dropped it when I saw the leg. LOL

Here he is after I calmed down a little.

Picture_164_op_800x600.jpg

BalloonzForU

Thanks Jeanne, but you should see him in person, that was taken in the middle of the night with no lights on in the room. Should take some more, but I'm running out of time, to get ready for vaction, and still so much to do.

Visit our friends