Some People

W

Wretched

So today i went to collect a nice african fat tail from some folks that had her for sale at a reasonable price. She seemed nice over the phone, responsable and all that...

Well, I ended up takeing her fat tail home as well as her two Leo's. ALL of them were rather unhappy. The male leo bit me so hard i bled. ALL of them were mising fingers and there wasnt a single claw left on any of the three gecko's. Seeing them try and climb is sad. now they are with me, and i will be pampering the hell out of them. Sigh.

Anyone know what usualy causes that? Bad sheds are one reason, what might be others? None of the gecko's Ive raised has ever lost a finger.

*knock on wood*

B

Brian O

Bad sheds and possibly getting fingers caught in carpet can rip the claws out. ( Never happened to me either. )

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Also, if they are in with other geckos that they don't get along with, they may fight and lose a limb. Were there any males housed together?

W

Wretched

A male and a female were housed together, seem to get along, but are VICIOUS to me. (I named them 'Mickey and mallory')

The african fat tail was housed alone.

There is not ONE single claw amongst the three of them, all thier hands and feet are stubby

Visit our friends