Snake Charming

Are you all against Snake Charming?I think that it is actully kindof cool,except for the fact that some people remove the snakes fangs or venom glands.What are your all's opinions on Snake Charming?

N

nicolenadia

Venomoids = EGO

venom gland removal is cruel and unnatural. It all started with some guy who wanted to show off and handle his COBRA around his guy friends.......long story short, covering up for his shortcomings....

REAL men don't bother with venomoids.....lol

(thats not really the real story, its just how I feel)

And besides, how many people do you know who ACTUALLY try and handle a venomous snake like its a ball python FOR FUN? They are beautiful and beneficial to the planets many eco systems, thus those few who dare to keep them for conservation reasons, in my opinion, have big balls....male or female.

Real snake charmers, like in India, are cool. Its part of their culture....Its NOT part of our culture to surgically remove their venom glands so we can play around with them. I really only see keeping venomous appropriate for those who are genuinely concerned about conservation, know what the F@$! they are doing, and scientific research.

sorry to sound preachy- but after the cobra and the kid incident at a reptile show, I will never change my opinion and License and registration and classroom time (like Florida) should be a state mandate.

N

nicolenadia

Oh, we were at Hamburg and we saw a Man walk out with a cobra in a plastic container, holding the hand of a 5-6 year old child. I just didn't think it was right. Those containers are so flimsey and can you only imagine the risk on the drive home. I may sound really "square", but I just do not think that people with small children should own venomous snakes or huge constricting snakes. There shuld atleast be some licsensing and registration, classroom time and proper knowledge by the owner. I know how I was as a kid, I didn't listen when my parents told me not to play with that cat in my neighborhood who bit me and gave me rabies.....

Visit our friends