When and how?

P

pawsfoot

I have 3 baby leos, 1 male and 2 females living together in an approx. 65 gallon breeder tank. (I made it so I'm not sure of the exact gallon size). It is about 3 ft long, 2 ft wide and 2 ft tall. I want them to be able to live together because they all seem to get along fien and sleep together and what not. I know that probably makes no sense but they seem to be friends. I know everyone says they will be fine without each other and all that but, I'm weird I guess. I want to eventually breed them because I like them, not for money or anything. However I do not have special morphs or anything like that. I have high yellow X tangs that I'm suspicious of carrot tails on. The older they get the brighter and more orange in the tail I see. I do not want to be over run with geckos either so I would need to sell them. Where do you sell your geckos to, other than pet stores, when they aren't really special looking or anything? How would I go about all this, the breeding and everything? Or would it be better to just divide the tank and say NO to the breeding?

http://tripod.com/ get a free site and make it like all the other breeders like terms contact us,etc.And people will be bound to buy them.Everyone has there own taste i personally dont like all the big fancy morphs i just like the simple normal,tangs,blizz,tang albinos easy stuff like that.Youll sell them in no time.Good Luck,and hope it helpes!!

P

pawsfoot

Thanks. When I was on another forum people were telling me that no one would buy my babies if I had any. But when I looked at peoples sites no one had an abundance of babies just laying around and waiting to be sold. I just didn't want to get in over my head. I'm in college and I didn't want an abundance of babies. Another quick question, should I separate my male from my females until they get nice and fat so he doesn't try and breed them? Or do you think that they will get big enough to breed by the time they are sexually mature? O also will a female lay eggs on moist paper towels or do I have to getsome Bed a Beast or whatever it's called? And one more, haha, is it easier to make an incubator or just buy one?
Here are some before and after pictures of my leos. I've only had them a little over a month and when I got them they were 2 months old.
The top is Jasmine at 2 months old. The bottom is her today, about 3.5 months.
P1010094.jpg
GEckos004.jpg

The top is my male Edge at 2 months. The bottom is today.
P1010083.jpg
GEckos010.jpg

The top is my smaller female Dot at 2 months. The bottom is Dot now. She's about .5 inch shorter than the other 2.
P1010077.jpg
GEckos108.jpg

H

herplover92

yes you should separate them until they are around 40 grams. Yes, you do need to provide a laying box with bed a beast. Buying an icubator is up to you. Right now i only have a breeding pair so i made a temporary incubator for my first season, but as soon as i get more females i will be a hovabator at www.lllreptiles.com.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
If you raise them together, they WILL breed whether you want them to or not. I agree that they need to be separated from the male until they are a year old and ready to breed.

P

pawsfoot

Thank you for your help. I'm going to put a divider up in their enclosure tomorrow. Should I use a divider that is dark or opaque so that can't see through it or does it not matter?

Visit our friends