Question about parallel housing?

F

fullyclips

I've got two geckos, a male and a female. Their both in their own 10g tanks, but I place the tanks side by side with a sheet of paper in between so that they won't see each other. The male seems to be aware of a female being near. He's been more active than usual since I've gotten her. He gets on the branches, rocks, sticks his nose up in the air as if he smells her? Or am I being crazy lol If so, would this be stressful to him? ( not being able to get the girl and all)

L

LadyGecko

I have aquariums next to each other that have male and female or male and male next to each other and I don't see any problems keeping them that way
I bet that your male is very aware that there is a female near by
:D
Sandy

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
Yep. Your male knows a female is nearby based on her pheromones. It may reduce his feeding a bit during breeding season, but otherwise it shouldn't stress him out too bad. Perfectly normal :)

F

fullyclips

Milwaukee Reptiles said:
Yep. Your male knows a female is nearby based on her pheromones. It may reduce his feeding a bit during breeding season, but otherwise it shouldn't stress him out too bad. Perfectly normal :)

Awesome, thanks for the replies =D, I have noticed his eating has reduced.

Visit our friends