Bloodlines

Sandra

It seems that I need your help again :eek:

As I said before, I'm trying to make a dossier with all (or at least most) leo morphs. In order to prevent myself from writing my personal thoughts, I decided to include everything that anyone has ever called a morph or variety, whether I agree or not -if it's reasonable enough, of course, I wouldn't call a legless leo 'a new morph' no matter how much they said it :main_laugh: -.

When I got to the tangerine section, I remembered the tangerine tornadoes of Urban Gecko, that although look just like very nice redish SHTCTB to me (and I think that all of us agree with that), they are presented like they are a brand new super special morph. But then again, I don't want to present them like they are a morph because it could cause confusion. So I decided to present them as a 'bloodline' or 'lineage', but it wouldn't be fair to emphasize just one bloodline because the way it's represented makes it look like a new morph. There should be very nice bloodlines out there that just don't claim to be new morphs.

I would like you guys to write the most important bloodlines you can recall and why they are special. Not only from tangerines, but all leo morphs.

Ps 1: I wouldn't like you guys to think that I'm pretentious, trying to write a dossier when I'm not half as knowledgeable or experienced as most of you are. It's just that the knowledge about this matter in Spain is very low, and I'm a bit tired of everybody asking the same questions over and over again :)

Ps 2: Reading through these forums has sure been really helpful. This place will appear in the bibliography section for sure.

Ps 3: Sorry for the long post!! :p

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Well here is my penny and a half and if I leave someone out, Imsorry, this is off the top of my head.

These have worked with leos for several years and developed thier own lines for many many morphs and continue to work on outcrossing and new genetics
HISSS
G3 (Golden Gate Geckos)
A&M Geckos

For Snows I seem to think of (for the original line only)
John Mack (the Mack Snow)
Reptilian Gems (Line Bred Snows)
Albey (Line Bred Snows)

Just because I see these alot they stick in my head
TUG (The Urban Gecko)
Crested Gecko

These are some I think show a lot of promise for the future of new genetic crossings and new morphs
HISSS
G3
A&M
Paul Sage Reptiles
USA Geckos
Jeremy Letkey

Last edited:

SaSobek

i agree

I think there should be names like Ray Hine (super hypo carrot tail) and Ron Tremper (you pick the morph hahaha) in there as well. I know they should be obvious ones but still no matter what people think of them they should be recognized. If Ron didn’t do all of the work in the beginning of all of this a lot of people wouldn’t even have Leos. Almost all of the breeders that were mentioned in the previous post all have animals that have tremper's blood in there some where.

Also Robbie Hamper is another name that could come up I think she got out of Leos but I remember going to shows 10 years ago when the high yellow was the top morph.

So that was my hand clap to the "old school" the people that started the ball rolling. As for now, the playing field has the ability to level its self out some what. Now if you have the money and can understand what is good to cross. You can make killer animals.

I think that the future of leopard geckos is going to be very diverse. The 2 that I see leading the way are HISS (Kelly) and A&M (Alberto) there collections (I think) are the best in the world as far as diversity of genetics.
I am sure they have stuff that no one has seen yet. And I like the rest of you can’t wait to see what the new things will be.

But one thing I must say we must love the Leopard gecko community. The people for the most part are very nice, very helpful, and it’s great to talk with every one like this. Try doing this in the ball python market :D

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
I do tend to forget about Ron, Ray and Robbie, funny the 3 R's lol

They just don't stick out in my head to be honest and the question was "the most important bloodlines you can recall and why they are special".

So I gave my answer based on the question and put down the ones I recall because they stick out in my head.

Sandra

Thank you guys, you are being really helpful :main_thumbsup:

Most Tremper's are going to be classified as morphs more than a bloodline. The same goes to Ray Hine's ghost and the Mack snow, although I don't know what to do about the Gem snow. As for Robbie Hamper, it seems that I arrived late to know him (I've been into geckos for only two years now, although I have one 'old school' gecko). It would be interesting to read something about his gecko season.

I would like to include bloodlines that have something different or remarkable compared with what would be the 'standard' of that gecko morph, because if I include every good bloodline that exists of every morph, it's going to be a real pain.

For the moment I only recall TUG's tangerine tornado and HISS' electric line -meaning that they differ a bit from the 'standard', because most of the geckos from bloodlines that you mentioned look so perfect to me that I don't think they are different from the archetype ;) -.

Visit our friends