Happy Birthday to ME!!

Wizardlizards

Fozzy Bear
Okay this is not just a shameless plug for my birthday(okay maybe it is), but a rather good rant!

As a birthday gift for myself, I took my 9 year old son Devon fishing to a state parks about 1 & 1/2 hours from home. We fished all morning and while we had fun catching small bluegills we decided to try another spot. So we hopped in the van and drove over to take a look. Sure enough, we decided to fish, so I called my wife and told her we would be another 1/2 hour fishing and then head home. I then proceeded to lock the keys in the van!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay no big deal I still have my cell phone in my hand, so I call information and get the park office number. I call and they are closed for some reason unknown to me on a Saturday in the summer?!?!?! I manage to get the number for the marina that is on the lake in the park, and they say that they will be over to help.....45 minutes later avery nice young man shows up and says while he cannot help me unlock the door, he proceeds to give me a phone number to a local locksmith.....which is the wrong number!!!!!!! He gave me the number to another park in the area!!!

Okay no big deal, I know a friend in the are who I call, and ask if he can give me a number for a locksmith. He proceeds to do so, and I call the locksmith who tells me that they do not service the area I am in so sorry.....click.

Okay no big deal, I manage to find out the number of the local township police, whom I call and tell them my situation. They tell me they will send someone out to my location........so I wait another hour.

Okay no big deal I wait patiently.......and eventually figure what the hell, I will call the police again......who tell me "yeah we called the park office, but they are closed, so we will send somone out now"....which i told him on the phone the first time I called and informed that I had called the park office and they were closed.

Okay no big deal, I call my father and brother who I co-own our business with, because I am driving a company vehicle. I had been telling them my plight obviously for the last 2 &1/2 hours and they both agree that screw it, break the rear window on the van, nobody is coming to help. It was now 2:58 pm. I tell my son that at 3:15, we are breaking the window, so the police have 17 minutes to arrive.

3:13 arrives as I look at the time and I just give up because I am tired, hot, dirty,hungry, and ready to go home. I find a suitable rock, and heave it through the rear window. I reach in, unlock it, and allow my son to climb through to get the keys.........as he is halfway through the van a police officer arrives and sees the broken window, the absolute look of resignation on my face and says "what happened" I just shook my head, told him the story, and climbed into the van to go home.

Had I waited until 3:15 I could have avoided the $100 minimum charge for a new window. The police officer litterally arrived 30 seconds after I hurled the rock through the window!

Happy Birthday to me!!!:main_thumbsdown:

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Well...I don't know what to say, but Happy Birthday (hope you'll feel better)!

D

dizzmaldan420

always count on a the cops to finally show up when you least need them

B

Brian O

You should have said you had donuts in the car.Oh well, your days can only get better. Happy B-Day.

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
i got mugge don my 13th birthday, so i know how crappy birthdays can be, on the upside at least he didnt take you in for questioning. "Its always sunny in philadelphia..."

wilomn

No One of Consequence
In no time at all this will be a HILARIOUS story and not only that but you and your son now have "one of those" stories to share for the rest of forever.

Happy Bday too.

Val

At least you will never forget this one!! Happy Birthday, Tony!

:balloon: :balloon3: :balloon2:

Ian S.

LMAO!!! Sounds like something that would only happen to me! Happy Birthday by the way.

L

LadyGecko

Happy B'Day
I totally agree that this story will be around for years to come
Sorry that you had such a bad experience but it will get funnier every time that it gets told
Sandy

Visit our friends