• Are you a Gecko enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Gecko enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your geckos and enclosures and have a great time with other Gecko enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crestie Foster

acpart

Gecko Grandparent
3 Year Member
I agreed to foster a crested gecko for a local reptile rescue, The Gecko Sanctuary.
Meet Bartholomew, also known as Black Bart:
BlackBart.jpg

Yvonne G

Adult Gecko
Staff member
3 Year Member
The trouble with fostering is you get attached then, before you know it, you have a new animal added to your menagerie! How's he settling in?

acpart

Gecko Grandparent
3 Year Member
Normally I don't have much trouble moving geckos along because I have so many already. However, I'll probably keep him because I've been wanting a very dark crestie for awhile. He's calm but if I try to touch him he tries to bite me. I have to take him to the vet in a few weeks for a well-gecko check up and hopefully I'll be able to transfer him to a travel container without losing a finger! (I'm planning to wear gloves)

Aliza

Yvonne G

Adult Gecko
Staff member
3 Year Member
Gosh, I didn't realize they have a rough mouth. Is it just a serrated edge?

krissyleigh

Gecko Egg
Hahahaha - cresties don't really have teeth. Well, they do but they are super tiny and won't even penetrate the skin. Don't worry, the most it will do is startle you.

acpart

Gecko Grandparent
3 Year Member
Bart has mellowed tremendously and is now letting me pick him up with no problem.

Aliza