Some things I have been working on

• Thread starter Jungle Habitats Plastics
  • Start date
J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

Here some Kritter kubes & 10 Gallon toppers.

The Kritter Kube was just recently made but are already doing nicely. These are 12x12x12 and thanks to (Paul Sage) the also now come with "skylights" in them as options.

The 10 Gallon toppers fit several 10 gallon tanks including AGA / Perfecto aswell and can be a arboral conversion or a terrestrial kit with your own old 10 gallon tanks we ALLL have sitting around (These were a design from jeremy at Tokays unlimited.com

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

Paul , Ill be starting yours on the weekend or poss friday so You will be seeing pictures

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Paul what are you using the cubes for? Your cresteds?

Alan I REALLY like the idea of the 10 tank toppers. REALLY REALLY like that idea.

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

Alan I REALLY like the idea of the 10 tank toppers. REALLY REALLY like that idea
Well its not all mine as i said Jeremy From Tokays Unlimited gave me the design he uses i just put a spit shine on them lol and added some look to them but Ill let him know people are liking them , lol he told me that once i started these ppl like him would lovethem and id be selling lots of them so we will see
lol

I will be making steel rolling racks for those to sit in so you can stack them in sets of 3 wide on the terrestrial style cages 7 high and have 21 cages in a rolling rack or do the arbpreals in sets of 4 wide and 5 tall to make a stack of 20 with rollers .

Of course both of these setups in racks will come with heat panels built on so you just plug them in . Im finishing up the design of the rack and going to have the welder do a mock up for my partners retail store in NC to house baby balls & geckos in

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
How much are you getting for them?

They would be great, laid down like that for dart frogs, and can be stacked! Even small species of desert geckos can have it stacked with a heat tape on the back. You should offer ventalation holes if it doesn't have it already as a side option for things going in there that doesn't need that much humidity :)

I'd put them on their side and use them for pairs of cresteds. Great idea :)

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

venting ...

RaiQuee said:
How much are you getting for them?

They would be great, laid down like that for dart frogs, and can be stacked! Even small species of desert geckos can have it stacked with a heat tape on the back. You should offer ventalation holes if it doesn't have it already as a side option for things going in there that doesn't need that much humidity :)

I'd put them on their side and use them for pairs of cresteds. Great idea :)

Being these are off the shelf glass tanks they come with no holes and drilling glass ads cost lol I do have vents for these i just used them all on the ones i sent out ( have a pair im putting in my terrestrial) im using after i find them i saved 2 lol but yes they will both have vents above the doors that are 1" circular vents and mounted on each side of the top corners of the cages or toppers which ever is wanted

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
That is an awesome idea! I was actually just talking to Jeremy last night and he was telling me about these! What a great idea!

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

Im going to make some of these up the weekend in Condos and probably install pass throughs which would be cool i think for creating pass throughs for playing breeeding and sleeping in

T

Tokays_Unlimited

RaiQuee-They work excellent for Dendrobates species.If you seal them well enough they will hold water,thats not a garuntee but it can be done.The terrestrial ones work pretty good for a variety of smaller skinks,salamanders,of course gecko's and scorps.Thats what i use mine for.In about 3 months i will get some pics of a good sized small building with these stacked in there.Thank god im freinds with Alan.He definatly doctored up the design.I cant cut straight at all.Usually ends up with stitches.:main_yes:

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Wow those cubes would be really nice as well for Chondro babies if you don't want hatchling racks.

I still am wondering what Paul is putting in the cubes tho! :O

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

Im finishing doors on pauls this morning , just waiting for thre thumbturns to get in which will hopefully be mon / tuesday. Im not sure what hes putting in these . Oh hey Paul Speaking of doors check your email .. or if ya see this post do you want doos to swing sideways or open down ? Ill wait to hear before i hinge them.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
RaiQuee said:
Wow those cubes would be really nice as well for Chondro babies if you don't want hatchling racks.

I still am wondering what Paul is putting in the cubes tho! :O

lol, Hey Desiree' I was posting a reply to your earlier question a few days ago and my connection must've been interrupted because it didn't go through! :wall:

Anyway, I don't have any cresteds, but I'm hoping to get some gargoyls in the near future. Right now I'm planning on keeping some of my smaller "random" reptiles in them though.

(Sorry Alan, my phone's been really screwed up today. lol)

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

lol no prob

i was like hmm that number looks familar ...

T

TripleMoonsExotic

Wow, Alan. I have to agree with everyone else here. Those toppers are AWESOME. :main_thumbsup: I have about a dozen 10 gallon tanks sitting in the basement (my fiance likes to collect them), and I had no idea what to do with them! This would be great! Any discounts on multiple purchases of the product? :)

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

Hey Steph ,

Well being as you asked yes i do have discounts...

singles are $35 + shipping

5 pack $162.50 shipped (32.50ea)

10 pack $300 shipped ( 30.00 ea)

T

TripleMoonsExotic

Very cool. :) I think I'll order one just to see if they fit on all of these tanks I have sitting here, and then put in a bulk order.

I think these are going to be my new Gecko vivs!

T

TripleMoonsExotic

Just got mine in today. These things are pretty cool. The standard size only fits 2 of my tanks, but maybe Alan could adjust the width a little bit. :) I attached some close up shots for those who are interested in seeing the actual piece up close (ignore the dirt, I pulled this tank directly from the basement).

Alan, how do you recommend we keep the piece in? Can I glue it or something?

Thank you! :main_thumbsup:

J

Jungle Habitats Plastics

100% silicone , run a small bead around the inner lip ( flat surface of the top ) then press the kit ito it and use a wet paper towel to remove any excess that "squishes out of it " it will take about 24 hrs to dry and maybe 2 days to loose the odor of the silicone then you can keep fish in it lol ( up tothe door anyways

and for other tanks if you get me sizes of the lip that they fit in like that does ill make any size ya need ma'am , glad to know ya like it . and i will make ANY SIZE anyone wants so size isnt a issue on these

Visit our friends