Stupid son of .... I HATE MYSELF!

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
DAMN DAMN DAMN. Now that I got that off my chest, I suppose I should tell the story. A few days ago, one of my Gargoyles started to dig a hole. Cool, I thought. Finally, after a period of cooling and then upping the temp and humidity they FINALLY started to lay. So I check the cage every day and still nothing. Her weight is about the same, so I figured she just never layed. So today, a cricket starts chirping in her cage in my room, so I go to kill it. I remove everything from the cage and there are two, dried-up, wilted, hard as a rock eggs, lying on the dirt, but just under a stick and behind two fake leaves. I had checked everywhere twice a day except that one spot that was hidden by the stick and 2 plastic leaves. I'm such an idiot. I know better, I know that I should check the whole cage every day... but no, I had to be lazy. I even had my hands in the cage to grab her so I could weight her! I'm just pissed at myself for making such an ametuer mistake. I was really looking forward to seeing what kind of babies my male (Cambo) would throw. I decided to throw the eggs in a container in the incubator with a wet paper towel anyway, but really I have no hope for them.

Sorry all, just had to get that off my chest.

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
Thanks Marcia. It wouldn't have been nearly as bad if I hadn't been waiting for the eggs for about 3 months now. Oh well I'm a little calmed down now that had my little fit.

wilomn

No One of Consequence
This has nothing to do with lizards but seems apt.

I keep and breed hognose snakes. I have one trio, one male and two females that I have kept together since I got them almost 10 years ago. One female lays for me almost every year, the other has given me duds a couple of times.

Usually, I put eggboxes in for them a few weeks after breeding. This year, what with work and just being busy, I neglected to put one in for these guys.

Now she's laid several clutches, no problem, once outside the box but I found it in time.

This year, for some odd reason, the larger no good egg laying female, ATE all the eggs the other one laid.

One day middle of the week, check them two FAT snakes.

Day or two later, one very FAT snake and one who looks like a deflated baloon a
nd not an egg to be found.

I am guessing that had they been laid in a nestbox, which was not provided due to my stupidity, I would now have 10 to 15 nice little hoggies cooking in the incubator.

That one little step, the last unlooked under leaf, that one thing that we just don't do, tends to be important. Doggone it.

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Sorry to hear that Brian. Believe it or not, I am REALLY bad for checking on eggs. Ed mainly does it because I never go through EVERY female (when I know I should) and I always miss eggs. Now with Ed helping me, it's been a lot better lol.

Visit our friends