New Incubator Picture

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Here's my "female" incubator for this season. Big thanks to Mr. Letkey (both of them, actually lol) for hooking me up.

Incubator_shelves.jpg

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
BalloonzForU said:
Awesome!!!! lol Both Mr. Letkeys.... Was Connor the foreman on the job?
lol No, Jer's dad. Although I'm not sure if beating it with a plastic bat or sword was part of the process. It could've been, I suppose. :main_laugh:

BalloonzForU

PaulSage said:
lol No, Jer's dad. Although I'm not sure if beating it with a plastic bat or sword was part of the process. It could've been, I suppose. :main_laugh:

LOL I thought you meant Connor as I know my son loves to help build things. Today we will be building the new hatchling rack! :)

L

lil_katiedan

Very nice! We're going to have to upgrade our incubators soon, hova's just aren't doing it anymore.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
dragonflyreptiles said:
Very cool, now you might just have enough room for all the eggs you'll be getting this season lol

I'm sure they will. My big little brother fits in it (don't ask).

G

GeckoMandi

Nice Paul is that an old fridge? We are wanting something like that we already have the fridge!

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
GeckoMandi said:
Nice Paul is that an old fridge? We are wanting something like that we already have the fridge!

It's an old freezer. Well, it's not that old I guess. It's in excellent shape, and Jeremy ripped out all the freon, compressor & crap, and he installed the heat tape, dimmer, fan... I think I'm forgetting something. Then I got the crazy idea that the existing shelves weren't good enough (translates to: "there weren't enough of them") and so Jeremy tore out the old shelves when he was here and gave me the idea for the closet shelves.

Now I just have to connect the thermostat. lol I've had a few clutches laid already, and they've all been going in an 18x18x18 incubator that I used last season.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Golden Gate Geckos said:
Dang, that's gonna hold a LOT of eggs!!!

Yeah, and it didn't take long to start filling up, either. Here's a pic from this morning (and yes, the tubs are two-high, two-deep on the shelves). This is basically February's eggs, so hopefully I'll be able to fit another month's worth of eggs in there (before the first ones start hatching).

female_incubator_2-26-07.jpg

This is the incubator I used last season for the female eggs. Now I'm using it as the male incubator.

male_incubator_2-26-07.jpg

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
brandy101010 said:
Nice incubator! Do you leave the fridge door on or is there a way to make a plexi glass door so you can see inside?
Sorry, Brandy. I didn't see this before. I'm just leaving it with the original door on there. Jeremy offered to help put in a window, but I'd be peeking through that window so often that I'd get a neck cramp. This way, I have to open the door, which I only do when I have to (to put eggs away).

Last edited:

Visit our friends