Advice Please.

Lilly1966

Hello all.

I'm new to keeping Gecko's, i'm very interested in purchasing the following gecko's in the picture provided.

The one is a normal, 1 year old and the other is a hypo at 2 yrs old. Currently they're shedding...

Could someone please advise as to if they're healthy and in good nic... they appear to be so but as i've said i'm new and some reassurance would be great!

The enclosure is 35 gallons by the way with a long footprint.

Thank you very much in advance,
Lil.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
They look fat and healthy to me:D Where are you purchasing them from? Are they a breeding pair?

Lilly1966

Hey,

Thank you for such a quick response!

I'm so happy to hear you say that, because they looked good (i've used a checklist on what to look out for) but when you're new it can be nerving can't it!?

They are both female, they've lived together for a while so they get along well... i'm going to arrange to see them in the flesh now! yay! :D

lil

Ps - I'm in the UK! :)

Alex G

Does anyone else think there's something weird with the hypo's stomach? It looks VERY large. I don't know if she's gravid or what but it's a bigger tummy than I've ever seen on a leo.

Khrysty

I would guess she's gravid, to be honest. If that's not it, I'd worry about parasites..but since the tail's so fat I doubt that's the case.

Lilly1966

Thank you Khrysty .... I'll enquire further as to her possible condition and if she has been in contact with a male etc ... or merely her habits in regards to ovulating etc.

Thanks again, lil :main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends