Bell super hybino x red stripe??

BalloonzForU

IMO it would be an insult to the Bell to cross them. However when crossing albinos if you bred the offspring F1 together and get albinos they may be tremper they may be bell, and not many of us like the idea of buying a leo that IS a Bell and might also carry the Tremper gene. You risk developing a Tremper down the line and not even know it, thinking that it's just an odd looking Bell.

That doesn't mean that you can't get a gaint that is proven not to be het Tremper and breed into your Bell line. Now that I can deal with. But good luck finding one!

Last edited:
L

lubricus

BalloonzForU said:
IMO it would be an insult to the Bell to cross them. However when crossing albinos if you bred the offspring F1 together and get albinos they may be tremper they may be bell, and not many of us like the idea of buying a leo that IS a Bell and might also carry the Tremper gene. You risk developing a Tremper down the line and not even know it, thinking that it's just an odd looking Bell.

That doesn't mean that you can't get a gaint that is proven not to be het Tremper and breed into your Bell line. Now that I can deal with. But good luck finding one!
OK I get it now, LOL thanks:eek:

Ian S.

IMO it's really nothing to do with insults, Although we do joke. It really just boils down to the facts that for "one" it is already known that the two strains are not compatible. "2" when the two strains are crossed Tremper features will show in the Bells and Bell features to Trempers so how will you trully know if you have a physical bell het Tremper or a physical Tremper het bell?
and "three" well we all know bells are way too cool to be crossed with ugly brown Trempers!!! :) :) :)

BalloonzForU

Ian S. said:
well we all know bells are way too cool to be crossed with ugly brown Trempers!!! :) :) :)

That's kind of why I said insult. The Bells are much nicer then the other two strains, why mess with perfection? ;) My reasons for not breeding the two is really the second part of my post.

Brown Trempers..LOL.....Sorry Dan your Trempers ARE VERY VERY NICE! :main_thumbsup:

Ian S.

GroovyGeckos.com said:
Grrrrrrrr :main_angry: (grumpy old man)

:main_laugh: :main_laugh: :main_laugh:
LMAO!! yeah all in good fun I love Trempers too. Just don't tell the rest of the forum.:main_lipsrsealed:

G & M Geckos

Margaritaville Tour Guide
BalloonzForU said:

How many offspring do you think it would take before you would be pretty sure the Tremper Albino gene was not in play?

eyelids

Bells Rule!
I'd be satisfied after say 6-8 Normals from a single female Tremper, but would be a lot better with similar results from two or even more females.

Visit our friends