When to Expect Eggs?

N

Nick44

Hello everyone,
I go to college away from home and was home last about a month ago. At that point in time i thought it would be a good idea to move my male leo into my females cage because i had bought a 3rd gecko and wanted to quaranteen him. When i came back from college a month later (Thanksgiving break) my female gecko had 2 visible eggs in her belly. I just ordered a hovabator incubator online today. I was wondering when you think my leo will lay the eggs. Any Guesses? Please post. Also is it uncommon for a pregnant leo to not eat? because mine refuses to eat anymore. and is it ok to leave my male in the same tank as my pregnant female? If anyone wants to leave any valuable information for me please do so this is my first true breeding experience with leos. Thanks everyone. I will post pictures soon. P.S. my avatar is the 1 expecting :2thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Hello everyone,
I go to college away from home and was home last about a month ago. At that point in time i thought it would be a good idea to move my male leo into my females cage because i had bought a 3rd gecko and wanted to quaranteen him. When i came back from college a month later (Thanksgiving break) my female gecko had 2 visible eggs in her belly. I just ordered a hovabator incubator online today. I was wondering when you think my leo will lay the eggs. Any Guesses? Please post.

It could be any day now, or up to a few weeks, especially with first time layers.

Also is it uncommon for a pregnant leo to not eat? because mine refuses to eat anymore.

Many geckos about to lay eggs refuse to eat

and is it ok to leave my male in the same tank as my pregnant female?

I keep my males and females together throughout the breeding season. The important thing is to make sure the male isn't trying to mate with the female all the time, that when she signals "no", he backs off and that she doesn't start looking stressed from having him there.

If anyone wants to leave any valuable information for me please do so this is my first true breeding experience with leos.

I recommend you read through the "breeding" section here because there have been a lot of good questions and good answers. Also check out in the sponsor section at the top of the page "Albey's too cool reptiles" and look at his incubation method which spells out step by step how to incubate the eggs. Many of us use it and find that it works. Start thinking about where you're going to put the babies and what you want to do with them. Don't be too upset if the eggs aren't fertile since many first timers have to "practice" first.

Also, I'm not clear about whether the geckos are with you at school, at home and you only see them on vacation, or whether you take them back and forth. If only you go back and forth, who will take care of them and check the incubator?

Aliza

N

Nick44

"Also, I'm not clear about whether the geckos are with you at school, at home and you only see them on vacation, or whether you take them back and forth. If only you go back and forth, who will take care of them and check the incubator?"

I have a really nice set up at home for all my geckos i come home about every 2 weeks for a few days at a time to take extra care of my geckos and to make sure everything is going smoothly. My father feeds them and takes care of them while im away at school. Also my sister commutes to college so shes around too. I briefed them both on what to do if my gecko lays eggs while im gone and what exactly to do. I have read up a lot on breeding but was just wondering if any1 had any new tips i may not have come across, but im pretty well prepared. Its very exciting now that i finally almost have eggs ive waited a long time for this since i bought my leos as babies over a year ago. Thanks for the reply

Visit our friends