What kind of leopard geckos are these?

katemonsterxo

Queen of Gecko Land
i've had an albino for about a month now, and just bought a "leucistic" (so says the pet store). can you look at the pics and maybe tell me what type of geckos they are? i don't know if the albino is a bell or not
IMG_8784.jpg

IMG_8812.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

snowgyre

Yep, that first one is a Tremper albino that was kept too cold for a while, that's why he's gone 'chocolate' on you. The second gecko is a leucistic/patternless. That patternless looks like she's in really great shape, considering she's a pet store buy!

katemonsterxo

Queen of Gecko Land
thank you so much!! i never would have known.
the leucistic was at the pet store for about a month, and every time i went in to buy crickets i would see him and think "damn i really want that" well... i sold some old jewelry today to get him haha he's great! he isn't even that jumpy, which is awesome. he likes to lay his belly on his rock for now =)

snowgyre

Judging from the photos, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that your Tremper albino is a young male, and that patternless definitely looks female to me. Might want to take some additional photos so we can sex them for ya before you start deciding on names. ;-)

katemonsterxo

Queen of Gecko Land
i decided to name him leucifer. lucifer in latin means light of the morning star, but i added a little twist because he is leucistic. So here's Leuci:
IMG_8972.jpg

Krow

I dont think there is such a thing as a leucistic leopard gecko. I think hes a Murphy Patternless (or het. Patternless). But he def pretty!! I think I would have named him Ludwig, but I just like that name, but to me it fits him.

Visit our friends