I'm still worried.

F

filardimarg2

I am worried about how to stop my Leo's getting to the heat mat. The viv is a wooden one so it can't go underneth the viv, so what do i put over the heat mat to stop him/her getting burned, i did think a piece of slate, but i don't know if that will be to thick, it is just over 1/8 inch thick, do you think that will be ok?? If not, what can i use??
Marg.

Spooki

caffeine zombie
you can use slate and/or a few layers of reptile carpet. just make sure you have a thermometer to check the floor temp and make sure it's not too hot or too cold. you'll probably just have to experiment to get it right.

voretaq7

+2
If you're not covering the whole floor in tile make sure a heavy tile or it's wedged so it can't be moved by a leo pushing on the edge or a (i.e. in a corner, two tiles that go edge-to-edge along one wall) so a determined leo can't push it away, but other than that I wouldn't worry.

(I wouldn't even bring up the leo moving the tile, except I had hermit crabs - a little 5g animal, with most of that being shell, managed to move the water dish my leo is now using, which weighs about 20g - so now I never underestimate the power of an animal determined to do what I don't want it to :) )

Visit our friends