Bold Stripe X Bold Stripe offspring - Recessive?

PrototypeGeckos

Well..............umm...........you got your bold, but where is the stripe??? lol. Ugh, man, just when you think you start to figure something out!!! Very nice gecko anyway Marcia!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Isn't she cute? It's funny, because literally ALL of the R2 offspring have the classic black band that runs across their nose, the double parallel stripe/lines on their heads, and are little boogers! LOL! Unfortunately, this little one doesn't really qualify as a 'jungle' since the neckband isn't broken. She hatched as a banded with the only thing aberrant being the end of her tail. I hope she keeps the bold pattern!

She is coming up for sale if anyone else wants to try to 'prove' the bold stripe genetic theories...

BalloonzForU

LeosForLess said:
I had a weird feeling that you were going to buy it, haha

Heeheehee

I've been wanting to find a gecko or two from Marcia, but every time I saw something I liked it was sold already. I had to jump on her quick! ;)

Thank you, Marcia! :main_thumbsup:

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I can't take all the credit since the Papa really belongs to Robin and Russ (R2 Reptiles), and I am only working with them until they either take them back or give them to me! LOL!!!

BalloonzForU

Wow Marcia! Boo's absolutely beautiful. Pictures just can't do her any justice. She's settling into her new home. I love how her yellow is like a hightlighter yellow. Reminds me a little of WCS yellow. I'll be sure to post pics as she grows. Thank you.

BalloonzForU

Maybe cause she arrived on Halloween? I'm not sure, I was looking at her pattern and Boo just popped out at me. She is a cutie. When I opened the deli cup she was all wrapped up in the paper towel, but she was upside down, what a little clown.

C

chad e

She is coming up for sale if anyone else wants to try to 'prove' the bold stripe genetic theories...

i wonder whats up with just the bold trait. i think if anything you've proven the 'bold' and the 'stripe' arent neccesarily linked. but is 'bold' maybe recessive? combining the 'bold' morph with other morphs could prove very interesting! i kinda wonder if thats what were seeing on leeza and retros heads with the orange pattern.

either way im intrigued by the possibilities of the 'bold' pattern. not to mention thier fairly inexpensive. have you crossed any 'bolds' to mack snows? i think ive seen some pictures of bold macks but i can't remember right now. a bold super mack would be pretty cool!

C

chad e

i did a search on google and learned that both Steve Sykes and Dan Poe have already produced a few great looking bold macks. Steve Sykes even has a few bold stripe mack snows on his available page. i really like the way they look! have either of you guys produced any bold super snows?

Visit our friends