Beyond ticked OFF!!!

G

GeckoMandi

I'm going on about 8 hours sleep in 2 days and I need to vent a little!

I bought my very first crestie from Tonya (perefalcon), and she shipped him out the 21st via DHL, well yesterday I took the day off to work to wait for it to arrive, 10:30am passed and NOTHING around noon I started to get worried and contacted DHL they said it was stuck in Ohio due to bad weather and wouldn't be shipped out until today by 10:30 if not then by saturday plus the lady I spoke to was so darn rude it wasn't funny.

So here it is today, I had to take a sick day off work in order to wait for it today! GRRRRRRRRRR

Now it's noon and no gecko and I want my crestie :(

Scott&Nikki

You should complain. They should not be late with a live animal. That is far from acceptable. Obviously it is not Tonya's fault, so what happens if (god forbid) he isn't ok? It certaintly shouldn't be on Tonya's shoulders. I would try to get as "high up" in the company as you can to complain. Especially if there is a problem with him. I hope he's ok. Let us know.

G

GeckoMandi

Oh no I don't blame her one bit about it at all, I don't know I really haven't got that far in my thinking I'm hoping it doesn't come dead they are pretty hardy so hopefully he will be ok.

I checked the tracking, and it said with the carrier at 8:00am!!! WTF It should be here by now!

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I've never dealt with such a problem with DHL, but when it has happened with other shipping companies, becoming the biggest P.I.T.A. and harassing the snot out of them is pretty much all you can do.

R

Reptile_le00man7mm

Yep that was Mandi's valentines present from me, and now we dont know if his ok, or not. And DHL doesnt give refunds due to bad weather. There was fog yesterday so all flights were delayed. I do believe he will be ok when he DOES arrive, hard to tell... but its hard not to worry when it comes to a live animal.

Scott&Nikki

Oh, I wasn't saying you were blaming Tonya. I meant like, IF something did happen to it, because it is obviously not Tonya's fault, DHL is who needs to take responsibility.

Jeremy Letkey

Jaded by reality!!
Unfortunately, there are no live arrival guarantees given by the shipping companies. This is something that falls on the shoulders of the shipper. Even if you insure a package, the second they hear that it is a live animal that insurance is void.

I believe that Delta Dash is the only shipper that will insure live animals. I am not 100% certain on that though.

I hope that you guys get your animal soon and in good condition.

R

Reptile_le00man7mm

Hopefully he will arrive ok and everything will be fine with him. I wonted to be there when he got there, im at work, but i know how delayed animals drives you nuts! I had a gator to arrive 7 hrs late 4-5 years ago, drove me up the wall!!!! But this is a bit different when you factor in that he was stuck in ohio all day and part of the night, im sure its cold there, hopefully the heat packs held up till he got out of there.

R

Reptile_le00man7mm

Jeremy Letkey said:
Unfortunately, there are no live arrival guarantees given by the shipping companies. This is something that falls on the shoulders of the shipper. Even if you insure a package, the second they hear that it is a live animal that insurance is void.

I believe that Delta Dash is the only shipper that will insure live animals. I am not 100% certain on that though.

I hope that you guys get your animal soon and in good condition.

I believe that is correct. I had a freind get 2 green mambas years ago one died, and delta covered the price of the animal. Took about a month to get.

G

GeckoMandi

I don't know it is now 1:00pm and nothing....I would contact them and bother the crap out of them but what good does it do if he's out the carrier...I'm going stir crazy waiting though it's like being trapped in a snow storm and not able to leave.

R

Reptile_le00man7mm

Yea but delays can happen with any carrier, weather permitting. I prefer Fedex personally, but i have had probs will all of them. I got 2 corns last year, and there was a power outage in the Tennessee facility, i got them in 4hrs late.

G

GeckoMandi

Reptile_le00man7mm said:
Yea but delays can happen with any carrier, weather permitting. I prefer Fedex personally, but i have had probs will all of them. I got 2 corns last year, and there was a power outage in the Tennessee facility, i got them in 4hrs late.
That was 4 hours not 24....lol

brandy101010

I hope you get your gecko soon and in good condition. I had an animal shipped to me once using DHL and had a similar problem but it was not weather related. The driver just never droped it off because he said my full address was not on it. I called gave them my address and they said it would be there the next day. when it got here the origainal sticker was on it with the full address. so I have no clue what actually happened. Probably a lazy driver. Lucky for me the gecko was fine. If someone is offering DHL shipping I now ask if they can ship it UPS or FedEx instead. If they can't I tell them nevermind.

L

LadyGecko

I have my finger/eyes/and toes crossed that you get your gecko safe and sound
I had a weather delay yesterday in Ky-my package was coming from Ohio and as I said in my SS post-UPS really impressed the hell out of me

Every single person that I talked to on the phone (and I was on the phone to them a lot yesterday) was courteous and understanding and sympathetic and they went the extra mile to make sure that my package arrived here asap
The driver even went out of his way to bring it to my door when he was actually bringing all packages to a central location in town for everyone to come and pick them up
I don't know if he has seen my bike in the front of my house or seen me on my bike around town but he Volunteered to deliver to my door
God Bless Him

I do not like UPS''s tracking service -it's screwy-you can see online that it is one place and call and they will tell you that it hasn't reached there yet

I think that a lot depends upon your local driver and I obviously am blessed with a good one which is great since I have 11 more geckos coming to me when the weather gets better

Good luck with your little one
Please let us know when he'she reaches you

Sandy

Last edited by a moderator:

Perefalcon

Jill?????
Mandi Imed mea earlier to let me know that he finally did arrive at 2:30...all was well, I worried a little less after the beardie who went through the same ordeal and was finally delivered today arrived with a still warm heat pack...and mandi has better temps (I want 70 degree weather)...So all is well with the crestie...I'm just so glad everything did go so well considering the mess up

G

GeckoMandi

He got here at 2:30pm today and I all though I am not impressed with DHL the gecko is PERFECT I love him already!!! He ate a few mealies but haven't seen him eat his other food yet.

I know weather is out of our control but I talked to 3 diffrent DHL people and omg they were all so darn rude it was uncalled for. I wasn't that rude until the 3rd call LOL.

But all is well and I even took a nice long nap today, so this thread can turn around into a rave! LOL

Visit our friends