Stuck Shed on Eye

skitch92

Senior Member?
Okay guys. I'm really worried about my little guy. He's got stuck shed around his face. But the shed seems to be stuck to his actual eye, not just around it.

While soaking it one day, he shook of the skin from his right eye, but it still appears to be stuck on his left.

Should i keep soaking him, or bring him in?

robin

use some luke warm water and a q-tip and GENTLY try to work the stuck shed off the eye . also, you may want to flush his eye with sterile saline solution to help wash out any flaking pieces or shed debris

skitch92

Senior Member?
okay, thanks..

Ive been doing that but i'm going to bring him to a vet just to be careful.

His right eye is kind of glazed over since he loosened the shed so it cant hurt.

skitch92

Senior Member?
Went to the vet. She easily helped him remove the shed and showed me how to for future reference. This is the first time any of my geckos has experienced stuck shed on the face, and it was actually stuck to the eyeball.

She saw how he was squinting and she put him on gentamicin for a week just to be careful. I'm glad i went now so i dont have to worry about the little bugger anymore.

skitch92

Senior Member?
She wansnt positive, but she said she's been seeing a lot of geckos with shed problems and all kinds of reptiles really.

Said it might be from this very crazy weather we're having in CT.

Btw- I used the gentimicin and he's had his eyes pretty much shut ever since. Is this normal when using an ointment?

Visit our friends