I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!

katemonsterxo

Queen of Gecko Land
so i'm going in about a month to disney world with my boyfriend for a week... what would you recommend i do with my geckos? i don't think i can find anyone that can watch them or anything, is there anything i can do to keep them happy for a week straight? i don't just wanna leave them hanging, i might have to take them with me... separation anxiety would kill me.

C

corvettefan

I flipped the first time i went to Disney. I did that indoor roler coaster and it was great. Have fun!

JordanAng420

i might have to take them with me...

This is probabbly your best bet if you can't find anyone to care for them. They really shouldn't be left alone at ALL, although they might be okay for a weekend or so...I wouldn't risk it though. Take the babies with you and enough mealworms to last...maybe the place you're staying will even have a fridge in the room to put 'em in. They might not even eat at all from the traveling, but at least you know they're being supervised.

Have a blast. I haven't been there in 10 years and I live 4 hours away... :main_laugh:

katemonsterxo

Queen of Gecko Land
trenton nj... that would be great. would definitely have to be someone who has been on here for a while though and someone i know i can trust of course =)

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
I think they will be ok for a week. I would just put a lot of mealies or supers in their bowl and make sure they have water and moist hides before you leave and they should be ok.

Adinar

I've been debating on taking Dante with us to Chicago. We're only going to be gone for the weekend, and have a geckositter who only live 5 min away. I'm leaning toward I'm just being extremly over protective, more so since this is the first time we've gone away for more than a few hours. So keep in mind that you are not alone! Even tho we have someone coming who has cats and all, I don't know... I'm just still uneasy about it and would take all of them if I could. lol.

G

Gareth

I'm going away for 2 weeks in august and the reptile shop I buy all my equipment & animals from offer a vacation service where they feed, water. etc. It's free as I bought my Leo from there and it's one hell of a shop. But I would much much much rather take her with me because the shop use sand. So idk, need to talk the 'rents into letting me keep her tank on my lap... Pray for me.

LizMarie

I assume your driving because it'd be kind of difficult to carry a gecko on to a plane. I vote to leave them home with enough food and water, hooked to a thermostat. It would be better if you had someone that could pop into your apt/house to water them and check that everything is working properly but if you don't I think they should be fine. The reason I say that is because they'll suffer more stress being moved around from place to place. They'll be without heat while you ride down there with a lot of movement only to get to where ever your staying and it'll probably take a few days to settle in and by the time they're settled you'll have to haul them once again back home and they have to go threw it all over.

Visit our friends