HELP!! (not sure if this is where you post)

Lilmadmonster

hello, names Braden. geckos name is nugget. she is Normal (morph) Female. approx 1 year of age. 25-27 grams. her habitat consists of a heating pad covering 1/3 of her 30 gallon side a normal hide, a water dish a cricket feeder, and a plastic cactus, average healthy habitat.... HOWEVER.... had some bad info when i bought her. (5 months old)

the store clerk said sand was okay, only a 25 watt heater was okay... no UBH needed she doesn't need crickets often, did not mention it needing any supplements or moss hide or any good info WHAT-SO-EVER.

so it was living off 3-5 crickets every other day, sand in its cage, no UBH, no supplements... for id say well over a month in a half. after awhile it got lazy.. stayed in its cage, wouldn't poop, wouldn't eat... seemed depressed.. so i did research, finding out NEVER to trust the clerks. and when she was about 8 months i noticed a rather large bump where her tail and body meet on her top side.

now, present day. shes been living with a male which a site told me was okay... nah its not... so i noticed him bullying her. so i put cardboard up to separate them, its a huge tank after all (60 gallon i think). shes gotten more active, chasing crickets occasionally, however not eating or pooping still. Will eat meal worms if they are hand fed, and drinks a lot of water.. i'm taking her to the herpe vet on Saturday... but in short terms here are the problems

1. could it be a blockage? or just the male bugging her
  2. she "pees" a LARGE amount with no poop
  3. how come when she inhales i can see her ribcage....
  4. is cardboard good enough to seperate them...
  5. how do i solve her not eating dilemma?

Thank you so much for maybe reading this and possibly helping out, i appreciate it to the moon and back..

indyana

I'm glad you're going to get her to a vet, as it's pretty difficult to diagnose her over the internet.

You said she is eating hand-fed mealworms, so that is a great step. Be sure you are dusting those with vitamins/calcium/D3 supplements so she starts getting proper nutrition. Once she gets healthier, her appetite may naturally pick up again for her to begin catching and eating crickets.

One more thing to check is to make sure you have a floor surface temp around 32-33 C on the warm side of the cage. That is best measured with a temp gun, although you can make do with a digital temperature monitor that has a probe cord to stick to the floor. Without a floor area around that temperature to lay on, your geckos may have trouble digesting food.

I know I already replied to your other post with a caresheet link, but I'll put it here again for reference as you try to adjust their homes.
Leopard Gecko Care Guide - Leopard Geckos For Sale - Quality Gecko Breeder - Fair Prices - Tremper - Bell - Rainwater - Giant - Mack Snow - Albino - Tangerine - Fattail

The cardboard divider is a fine temporary solution, but you should investigate finding something a little more sturdy to divide the tank with and then tack it in place with aquarium-safe silicone.

indyana

Yes, it can be difficult to find a vet with leopard gecko experience. It's good if you can find one who likes to treat exotics and is willing to do research and get in touch with other vets for help.

Visit our friends