These pictures actually came out good!

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Ha Ha Ha! I just bought a Light Tent or what ever they are called, an have been playing around with taking some pictures. I think these came out pretty god :)

These Geckos were all hatched by me and are future Breeders :)

First is a very pretty Female Line Bred Snow:

FLineBredSnow-3.jpg

FLineBredSnow-2.jpg

FLineBredSnow-1.jpg

Female Jungle Het Bell

FJungleHetBell.jpg

Female Bell Hybino, I love the bright Yellow coloration on this one

FBellHybino-2.jpg

FBellHybino-1.jpg

Female Striped Bell Albino

FemaleStripedBel-3.jpg

FemaleStripedBel-2.jpg

FemaleStripedBel-1.jpg

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Great pics, Jeanne! I had been wanting to take pics like this, I think I'll go buy a light tent too. Awesome geckos too, I really like the female line bred snow.

PrototypeGeckos

Alright Jeanne, you are becoming a photographer I see, nice pics. But I don't think that female Jungle Het Bell is good enough for you to photograph anymore, but I have talked myself into taking it off your hands. I think I can make some room in the rack for her!! You have my address, you can send her to me whenever, geez, the things I will do to save geckos. ugh

rhac

Very nice Jeanne!
Great decision to buy yourself a Light Tent. I use something similar. Not a tent but a table. You can do so much with the right equipment. Normal flashes always steal so much of the real colour. Of course you can buy an extra flash...but those flashes cost nearly as much as the camera itself. And I prefer to work with no flash at all.
Have fun with your new photo equipment. I'm looking forward to some more pictures!

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
rhac said:
Very nice Jeanne!
Great decision to buy yourself a Light Tent. I use something similar. Not a tent but a table. You can do so much with the right equipment. Normal flashes always steal so much of the real colour. Of course you can buy an extra flash...but those flashes cost nearly as much as the camera itself. And I prefer to work with no flash at all.
Have fun with your new photo equipment. I'm looking forward to some more pictures!

Do you use any kind of special bulbs in the lights?

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Nie pics, Jeanne! They did come out good. Seems these cameras they sell us dont work right on their own, they need very bright lighting. haha

Johannes, a Light table? So how is this set up? Got a pic? Im curious about the bulbs used also. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
GroovyGeckos.com said:
Nie pics, Jeanne! They did come out good. Seems these cameras they sell us dont work right on their own, they need very bright lighting. haha

Johannes, a Light table? So how is this set up? Got a pic? Im curious about the bulbs used also. Thanks!

The pictures still aren't as good as I would like. They seem to have a yellow tint to them. I didn't even notice it until I had these pictures next to some of my other pictures. It must be the bulb...right?

Ian S.

Very Very nice pics jeanne!
That striped bell is nasty as all hell. The hybino is smokin too. You'll have to let me know where you picked up that light tent. I need one.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Ian S. said:
Very Very nice pics jeanne!
That striped bell is nasty as all hell. The hybino is smokin too. You'll have to let me know where you picked up that light tent. I need one.

Ebay :) $17.98 Shipped ;)

Milwaukee Reptiles

Gecko Addict
I want to steal the stripes they look so good.... better keep me away from them :) Yellow tint is usually from using regular light bulbs. You can try picking up some 'daylight' bulbs (If you have some lying around from other reptiles even better), or even fluorescents. Most cameras also have a 'white balance', and if you use regular bulbs you should be able to set the camera to auto adjust for it.

Also Jeanne, if you go a little brighter with the light and set the camera's EV to make the picture a little brighter in order to remove the background completely, like this:
7_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

Visit our friends