Thinking of Constructing 20 Gallon Long Tank...

C

corvettefan

Okay, so I have two geckos and they look like they're gettnig cranky because of the3 lack of space. Right now they're in a 10 gallon tank and I wanted to get a 20 gallon long. I figured it would be cool to build one that way I could make it to the specs I wanted.

It would be...

20 Gallon Long

Sliding/Hinged Door

Plexiglass/Wood

Metal mesh top (will most likely use one on 10 gallon now, and use the spare 10 gallon for babies possibly)

Custom hides/platforms

Has anyone else built their own terrarium? If so what tips do you have for me?

P.S

HugeGenes&LoLa

That sounds like a fun project :)

Just to warn you in advance so you aren't disappointed when you get to the store... plexiglass is pretty expensive. I was planning to build my own viv but at $43 for a 30x36 piece of plexiglass i decided it was too expensive. Luckily, Matt's mom found a 20g long at a garage sale filled with 4 or 5 hides all for $2! (much better deal ;) )

Good luck!

C

corvettefan

That sounds like a fun project :)

Just to warn you in advance so you aren't disappointed when you get to the store... plexiglass is pretty expensive. I was planning to build my own viv but at $43 for a 30x36 piece of plexiglass i decided it was too expensive. Luckily, Matt's mom found a 20g long at a garage sale filled with 4 or 5 hides all for $2! (much better deal ;) )

Good luck!

Haha thanks. Actually, after I posted this I figured that I would just build a 10gallon and seperate the two geckos. It ought to be a bit cheaper. Still all of the features, just 10 gallons smaller.

Visit our friends