Calcium bowl, is it mandatory ?

C

camay123

If I dust my cricket/meal worm, do I need a calcium bowl in my habitat ?

Or could I only have a calcium bolw and not dust the feeders insect ?

G

GeckoMandi

I dust my baby (3 months old) every feeding, I dust my adults 2 times a week.

I leave a little lid of calicum-herptivite mix in their houses at all times. I don't think you have to do it, but I think it's wise. I have forgot to dust in the past, so I know they eat what they want if I leave it in there for them.

N

Nastynotch

its really wise. i leave a small bowl of calcium in there for a day or two of the week.

keeps the bone loss away.

just watch out for how much d3 their getting.

K

kristi

would it be better to use calcium w/o D3? I use some w/o D3 for my beardie who is under a MVB but I also have some w/D3 for the geckos.

K

kristi

I use Rep-Cal supplements, are they not recommended for leos?

G

GeckoMandi

I use repcal products to, so far I haven't had any problems. I think it's just what you choose and think is best everyone is going to differ though I think on some level.

brandy101010

everyone has there own method with supplementing. I dust with calcium without d3 every other day. I dust with multi vitamin once a week. I leave a calcium dish in at all times. I don't think anyone else does this but what I do is I use calcium without d3 in the dish one week and then with d3 the next. too much d3 is not good for leopard geckos. This is how I make sure they are not getting to much. There is no right or wrong way as long as your gecko is getting everything it needs. If you have problems try another way.

Visit our friends