Help Needed!! Look at pic????

Kellyr

One of my hatchlings that is about 2 weeks old has not been eating very much at all and does not get around very well... seems to be uncoordinated and check out his underside....
His belly has a very large dark spot that is actually translucent... I have no idea what that could mean.... there is also a bone that sticks out of his neck which is hinged... the arrow points to it. Anyone have any idea as to what could be wrong? I dont know if he will make it at this rate..... :main_no:
He was my last egg... I think this may be a result of flux. temps... its such a shame.. poor thing..

stellascura420

Poor little guy. :( I don't know anything about babies but I know his belly doesn't look too good (atleast not to me anyway). I hope he makes it, keep us posted.

JordanAng420

Kelly, I can't say for sure but unfortunately, to me that appears to be blood. I have no idea about the bone protruding in the head, but I have seen a blood filled abdomen and that's looking pretty suspicious to me...

As far as care from this point on my best advice would be to cross your fingers.

How is the baby today? Can you be a little more descriptive when you say he's uncoordinated? I'm unsure of his morph, but is he acting as if he has the "enigma syndrome?" Does he eat, drink and move his bowels like he's supposed to be?

ajveachster

Sometimes babies will have dark spots, but they lighten over a couple days. If there haven't been any bowel movements then I suggest a warm soak. I'm not sure about the bone. Have you been able to weigh the new one?

Gregg M

Registered Member
Firstly the big spot does not look good...

Secondly, the bone you see is called the hyoid bone... The protrusion of that bone could be due to several things...

Kellyr

When he walks he is bobbing from side to bottom, I do not know it that is blood ... I really hope not...
although it is dark and then very pink above that area.... I am so worried... I dont know what this could be from.. the bleeding I mean

He is a Tang.. no enigma in him whatsoever and he has had bowel movements that are normal... he ate at first but isnt now =(

Last edited:

Krow

Good luck with the little fella, that's all I can say because I have no clue what could be wrong with him, sorry I cant be of more help :(

Visit our friends