when will he eat?

2bacop

It is normal sometimes they wont eat when they are settling in to a new enviornment.

nats

Young ones can be offered food after 3 days. If they do not eat it, dont
force. Remove the food items from the cage, as they may just stress the
animal (i am talking about crickets, of course) and try again next day.

Adults may take a little longer to adjust.

It's best to not attempt to handle your new leo until he is well established and
is eating.

G

Geck-O

Young ones can be offered food after 3 days. If they do not eat it, dont
force. Remove the food items from the cage, as they may just stress the
animal (i am talking about crickets, of course) and try again next day.

Adults may take a little longer to adjust.

It's best to not attempt to handle your new leo until he is well established and
is eating.
+1 everything he said is very accurate

L

Libby15

What are you feeding him? My juvie wanted nothing but crickets. :main_yes:

yoyofanatic

He ate his first cricket yesterday night but he seemed full and wouldn't touche another one. Is it normal for them to not eat very many? (I have a bearded dragon he eats alot of crickets)

L

Libby15

Mine started eating slowly until I added some powder. He likes the powder.

B

Bennayboi

You need to give us a lot more information if you want us to help you out. Like what are your tempatures and how do you measure them? How big is the tank and what is the substrate? Give us all the info you have on her to help us find what may be wrong.

yoyofanatic

80F under the 50wat blue heat lamp. I have a thermometer that hangs on the side of the cage which is a 20gal long. paper towel bedding. dusted crickets with miner-all with d3. he has several hides but he likes the mostie hide and his coark bark hide best. He has eaten 3 fairly good sized crickets since friday and pooped last night.

Last edited:
L

Libby15

Maybe try an under tank heater to warm things up. He may turn into a little pig then.

Are they little crickets or big crickets?

B

Bennayboi

You need to precisely measure the floor tempature. It needs to be 88-92F. You need a thermometer with a probe(about 4 dollars at a petstore) and tape it to the ground. Then with a thermostat/rheostat you can adjust the tempatures accordingly.

L

Libby15

Awwww. It's probably a quick fix. I'm not sure what size you should get though with that size tank.

yoyofanatic

yeah any one have a good idea on what size heatmat I should use? Also how much do you think it will cost me at a *****? Thats the closest pet store to my house.

L

lucid484

Well I was in your situation about 10 days ago...got a very skinny gecko from ***** didnt move didnt eat didnt do anything for almost and entire week!!!! Thought he was sick or impacted or something.....well some people said wait a week and he'll be fine.

well a week to teh day I got him i threw 3 more baby crickets into his tank to see if he would do anything.To my amazement he "hunted" one around the cage 4 times....even had his tail wagging at one point lol....now he cruising all over his tank and seems to love it!!!

oh btw i had blown a bunch of money on crap a big pet store told me to get...well the setup i have now and works great is a small tank with a moonlight 75w lamp on one side and the airtemp is like 85-95...and a heat pad on the other side with a log and i put wet paper towels in it...i have newspaper for substrate..a big water dish a a vitamin bowl.. and he's either under his log sleeping,chilling under the lamp for a few min or haning out his his water bowl. and he's actually lookign healthier now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Visit our friends