Should I remove the UTH..

LizMarie

Hello,

I have a ZooMed UTH and next week I'm planning to give Lanas 10gallon a mini upgrade (if i get all my supplies) so she needs to move out for almost a week. With that being said Lana is going to have to move into my spare 10gallon.

I'm deciding on whether or not I should remove the UTH and place it in the spare for the time she's in there or can she live without the UTH for a few days/week?

Halley

Why not make the spare tank, the new tank, and allow her to live in the one she’s in right now, until the new one is finished?

LizMarie

Why not make the spare tank, the new tank, and allow her to live in the one she’s in right now, until the new one is finished?

Because the spare has scratches all over the glass, chipped off pieces of glass on the corners outside and glue on the frame is worn out, thats why it's a spare the inside is ok but the outside is horrendous. Lana's tank is the "new" tank.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If she's not brumating, given the temperatures at this time of the year, you should consider keeping her with a UTH even though you may have to move it.

Aliza

R

rcobourn

Just find an old heating pad, set it on low (or better yet, use a thermostat with it), and set part of the temporary tank on top of it. I have also used a heating blanket (no other use for that now that I live in Arizona!)... I keep the feeder insects warm with it.

S

Snowy & Petra de Gecko

Sounds

It sounds like good advice to me.:main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends