Not eating

DexTheRex

Hi I'm new here. I have a leopard gecko named dexter and he's about 2 years old. I just got him and at first he was eating fine and now he won't eat anything. He won't eat crickets, mealworms, hornworms, or butterworms. He is still drinking and still going to the bathroom regularly. I'm concerned about him and not sure what stuff to feed him now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. uploadfromtaptalk1405734821777.jpg

Geckomaster743

Hi I'm new here. I have a leopard gecko named dexter and he's about 2 years old. I just got him and at first he was eating fine and now he won't eat anything. He won't eat crickets, mealworms, hornworms, or butterworms. He is still drinking and still going to the bathroom regularly. I'm concerned about him and not sure what stuff to feed him now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 2277
Welcome to GT, I see this is your first post ;) If your using a sand substrate he could be showing early symptoms of the effects caused by sand getting stuck in his private area. There are many reasons why geckos stop eating, It could be caused by temperature, etc. If he does not eat for more than 1 - 2 Days I would start syringe feeding him a solution of crushed worms and water or a Repta Aid solution so that he can still maintain energy and fluids. If this goes on for more than a week even after Syringe feeding I would see a vet.

DexTheRex

I was using sand substrate about a month ago but he ended up pooping it out after I switched to reptile carpet. And where do you get a repta aid? And thank you for replying

Geckomaster743

I was using sand substrate about a month ago but he ended up pooping it out after I switched to reptile carpet. And where do you get a repta aid? And thank you for replying
Repta Aid can be ordered online or be bought from most pet stores. The first time my geckos got sick It was recommended to me and worked wonders. Its basically a powder mixture of protiens and dried eggs with vitamins for leopard geckos that you mix with water and serve in a syringe that is provided to you with the equipment. The box should look like this, If you want to order online the link is here :)
http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Repti...Z6NUXdFCYmbqNoL-AOLMMlr2trzZZPJMerhoC6G_w_wcB

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum @DexTheRex !! I second the ReptaAid suggestion.
Hoping your gecko returns to full health. Please keep us updated on how he's doing!

Visit our friends