eye problem i need ur help

Samantha

My leo has shed skin that's stuck to its eyeball and it wnt come off its not swollen but its not great looking either what can I do to help da little fellow

pawsible

Pawsible
Hi-
I have had this exact same problem. What worked for me was getting a cotton ball(q-tip is too rough) and warm water and gently rubbing the extra shed off.
I wrote this:
Put it in a small plastic container partially full of water, or lined with warm, wet paper or cloth towels.
Put a top on the container (it should be large enough for it to move around in, and the water should not be deep if water is used) with a vent to allow breathing. Allow the gecko to moisten for a half hour. Then, the skin will have loosened enough that you'll be able to gently remove it with a blunt pair of tweezers.
If this isn't possible (don't pull hard!) soak the gecko for another thirty minutes and try again. Toe caps and eyelid or snout skin must not be allowed to remain, as they can choke circulation and cause infection or toe loss.

**with the eyelids I found it better to NOT use tweezers and to use the cotton balls. The eyes are too sensitive. Good luck
--------------------------
We are Leopard Gecko enthusiasts who were tired of finding incomplete information about our pet Geckos. We enlisted the help of some serious gecko enthusiasts,breeders,owners, and veterinarians who helped us compile information.
http://www.theultimateleopardgeckomanual.com

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
If the skin is on the eyeball, try flush it out with saline solution.

fl_orchidslave

I've had good results with saline solution and a q-tip. It's not necessary to apply any pressure once the eye is adequately moistened. I watched my vet do the same thing with their veterinary eye wash solution and a q-tip on a severe case of long term eye shed stuck to the point of infection. Should eye shed become a recurring problem, you can lightly mist the enclosure sides on the warm end during shed time. They will rub against it and moisten their eyes. Hope this helps :)

Samantha

Thanks I put some antibotic oitment on the eye it said you could in ron tempers book I have and its all better now thank god

Visit our friends