Genetics Presentation

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
I am planning with my teacher a discussion on leo genetics one day in class. The class is "Genetics," and I thought it would be a great idea to talk about leos, considering the plethora of morphs and the genetics behind them. I mean leos have it all, dominance, recessive, co-dom ,etc.

What I am basically planning to do is have a presentation around the genetics of leopard geckos because we are studying mendelian genetics in class right now. I also plan to bring in some of my leos as a reference and possibly to build a powerpoint as well. What I need to know from all you genetic masterminds :main_thumbsup: is some of the inner workings to our favorite morphs. I know a few such as blizzards and patties being recessive and normal being dominant and apparently from what I have just read hypo tangs are co-dom. Correct me if I am wrong on any of these. But I'd like to know more on other morphs. So please o' mighty breeders bombard me with your genetic knowledge.

LeosForLess

I did it last year, they have a whole different laungage in the text books than on the leo forum. But i think it would be a great idea, especially if u have a super snow tremper albino, or as dan poe calls it, a Tremper A.S.S

Sandra

GeckoStud said:
from what I have just read hypo tangs are co-dom. Correct me if I am wrong on any of these
Not all hypo tangs are co-dominant, only Ray Hine's line of hypomelanism (ghost) seems to be co-dom (and they aren't very 'tang'). The rest are line-bred.

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Thanks I'll check out vmsherp. I don't feel like pushing out 40 ought dollars for trempers book... And thank you Sandra for the hypo correction.

Visit our friends