Car Accident

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Saturday started out good, had a fun and semi-profitable day at the Local Reptile Show. I leave about 4:00, get about 1 Mile down the road, and I get Rare Ended. I was stopped at a red Light in a Right Turn only lane, when a guy in a Ford Explorer hits me from behind. He said "I thought you were going to go" :main_huh:

I was really hoping there was no damage, but of coarse, there is a crack in my bumper. So I get what I thought was the important info, name, address, Plate # Make, Model, VIN #. Well, I go to report it today, I am told that because I don't have Collision that I need to go after them myself :main_thumbsdown: Well, I didn't get the name of their Insurance Company, so I can't call them (Which would have made it soo much easier) and I didn't get his Phone # so I can't call and ask (I looked it up in the phone book, but I guess he is unlisted).

So my insurance agency said to get an estimate and send it to him and pretty much hope he pays it or submits it to his own insurance agency. If he doesn't, the only thing I can do is go to Small Claims Court.

Why....Oh....Why....Did I take Collision Off!!!!!!!!!!!

N

Nastynotch

good luck with the claim, i hope hes generous enough to help you out.

BalloonzForU

I would file a police report, the police will contact him to verify everthing and check to confirm he has insurance. Once the report is complete you should have his insurance info on the final copy. Hope this helps.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Thanks all, I am going to get an estimate and send it to them, they can either pay it out of their pocket (Which would save them money in the long run), or submit it to their Insurance company. If they don't do either and choose to ignore me, the only thing I can do is take them to court (Which I won't, not worth my time), hopefully they are honest people and do the right thing.

T

TripleMoonsExotic

My experiences with getting rear ended (it's happened 3 times... :main_thumbsdown: People like to get me in the rear I guess)...

If you go to your insurance company to deal with the claim, you will have to pay your deductable out of pocket...Then if the other insurance company pays your insurance company, you'll get a refund. It's not worth your time to even contact your insurance company unless it's your fault because all's they can do is file a claim (and charge you a deductable).

If you have the License plate number, contact the PD where the accident was and explain the situation. If they're in a good mood, they might be able to give you some information.

LeosForLess

I was in the back seat when we got rear ended, she was going 45 mph and just us dead on. She pushed us into the car in front of us, and them into the car in front of them. She got a ticket and i think our insurance covered everything.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit our friends