New to site Heres a few of my Cresteds!

S

sacredcreatures

Hello Everyone, I am new here but not to Reptiles, But somewhat new to Crested. I love them they are so awesome and beautiful! I got involved with them do to a friends misfortune and he has asked me to take over his crested breedings The pictures I am showing are my personal Cresteds. I would like to know what color and pattern you feel they are. Since I am fairly new I plan to do all I can to learn about these wonderful little creatures. Thanks for any help on this. The bluish pics were taken at night. The first one is a dark( olive to almost black) Harley or Flame with Dalmation spots Male?. The Second one is a red Patternless or tiger with Dalmation spots female( I was told she is a tiger Dal but what do you think)? She turns from a tannish red to a red. The third one is a baby Rust colored Harley or Flame Not sure of sex yet. It turns from a rusty color to a light brown color He also is a partial Pin and the last two pictures are of a Orange Patternless or tiger baby. This one changes like crazy, Its either Orange, Tannish Orange or off white. Thats why I have no idea what to call these. Next pictures will be during the day in next post. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sacredcreatures

Day Pictures

Ok Please let me know what you think they are during their day colors. I have yet to figure out which colors you call them when they are really different during the day vs. the night. Thanks

S

sacredcreatures

Thanks Kelli

Hi Kelli, Thank you for the complement. I think Cresties are really stunning, so much color variety and neat patterns. I hope to learn alot here about them. I also breed Leos and Fatties. I have always admired your geckos. AND I plan to buy some next breeding season. Right now I am having some problems with my dog and cat ( Big Vet bills) But this should all work out hopefully soon! :D

S

sacredcreatures

Any Help on color/ Pattern?

Hi, Thanks Jeanne for the compliment! Does anyone know what I should be calling the Morph/color on these? Do I go by the night colors or day colors and what about the Pattern? I am the most mixed up on (Flame)Fire vs. Harley since people have called what I think is a Flame(Fire)as a Harley. Any Help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!:D

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
sacredcreatures said:
Ok Please let me know what you think they are during their day colors. I have yet to figure out which colors you call them when they are really different during the day vs. the night. Thanks

Ok this is going by the second set of pictures.

In the first picture:

The one on top, I would call a Flame Partial Pinstripe.
The one one the bottom is hard to tell if it gets red, I would call it a Red Crested, if the sides get Red, but the stripe down the back stays tannish, I would call it a Red Bicolor.

The last Crested I would call a Harlequin, Partial Pinstripe, with White Fringes (The white on the legs)

Last edited:

Visit our friends