Not Breeding

Baker14

BAK3rr
I tried pairing my SHT Female (2x proven breeder) with a virgin SS male. When I put them together, definitely wanted her, but she started to wave her tail high in the air from side to side(WHich I know means she isnt interested). Why is she rejecting him? She took very quickly to my other male last season?

Sammag

Well this I guess it could be that your female might still be gravid with sperm from the last male and you just cant see the eggs yet. I had a similar problem and that was the problem.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Maybe you should give her a little more time with him as long as they're not fighting. I have a female who waved her tail at every new addition to the tank but then settled down.

Aliza

Baker14

BAK3rr
I checked and she looks to be ovulating. I didnt keep them together long enough for them to fight. At the first signs of the waving, I put something between them. THe female is bigger then the male, so I dont want her to attack him.

Baker14

BAK3rr
No, I didnt keep them together long enough to find out. ONce I saw her waving, I didnt want to risk anything.

shadowx362

Excellent Geckos
Try putting the male in the females cage. Keep them overnight. Make sure the cage is big enough for them to run around if they don't like each other, but they should settle down by the morning.
hope that works

Visit our friends